[MediaWiki-l] Visualizing Knowledge creation in mediawiki

[MediaWiki-l] Visualizing Knowledge creation in mediawiki

rkevans
Folks,

I recently saw the following video [0] created with a tool called Gource [1] that shows the software development of the Enterprise Mediawiki project Meza [2] and I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this to show the creation of articles and edits in a wiki. Has anyone seen or done anything like this for Mediawiki? What a fabulous tool this would be to show management the growth of knowledge in an organization.

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-EBqicLA4
[1]  http://gource.io/
[2] https://github.com/enterprisemediawiki

-Rich (revansx)

Re: Visualizing Knowledge creation in mediawiki

rkevans
I think I just answered my own question [3] .. but I would still be interested in hearing what others experiences here have been with such endeavors.
-Rich

[3] https://github.com/macbre/wiki-evolution

> Folks,
>
> I recently saw the following video [0] created with a tool called Gource [1]
> that shows the software development of the Enterprise Mediawiki project
> Meza [2] and I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this to show
> the creation of articles and edits in a wiki. Has anyone seen or done anything
> like this for Mediawiki? What a fabulous tool this would be to show
> management the growth of knowledge in an organization.
>
> [0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-EBqicLA4
> [1]  http://gource.io/
> [2] https://github.com/enterprisemediawiki
>
> -Rich (revansx)

Re: Visualizing Knowledge creation in mediawiki

Pine W
Hi Richard,

I suggest that you ask this question on the Wiki-Research-l
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l> mailing
list.

Pine <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:CatherineMunro/Bright_Places>