[MediaWiki-l] Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

[MediaWiki-l] Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Aaron Gray-6
Hi,

I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.

I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.

Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Jeremi Plazas
Extension:UserFunctions
Is #ifsysop what you mean?

Jeremi Plazas Assistant Director of Research Tsadra Research Center,
Boulder CO [http://www.tsadra.org/] Tsadra Foundation
[http://www.tsadra.org/] / [hidden email] [[hidden email]] Advancing
the Combined Study and Practice of Tibetan Buddhism in the West.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]>

I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.

I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.

Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Aaron Gray-6
As shown here :-

    https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Sysops_and_permissions

On 17 June 2016 at 22:16, Jeremi Plazas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Extension:UserFunctions
> Is #ifsysop what you mean?
>
> Jeremi Plazas Assistant Director of Research Tsadra Research Center,
> Boulder CO [http://www.tsadra.org/] Tsadra Foundation [
> http://www.tsadra.org/] / [hidden email] [[hidden email]] Advancing
> the Combined Study and Practice of Tibetan Buddhism in the West.
>

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.
>
> I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.
>
> Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Aaron

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Greg Rundlett (freephile)
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.
>
> I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.
>
> Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?

Not an extension.  The 'sysop' privilege is built-in.

The first user created when setting up a MediaWiki installation is a
bureaucrat.  Bureaucrats can assign 'sysop' privileges to other users.

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions#Bureaucrats
and the Special:UserRights page in your wiki.

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com <https://equality-tech.com/>
https://freephile.org

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Aaron Gray-6
I am only getting :-

Groups you can change
- bot
- administrator
- bureaucrat

On 17 June 2016 at 22:44, Greg Rundlett (freephile) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.
>>
>> I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.
>>
>> Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?
>>

> Not an extension.  The 'sysop' privilege is built-in.
>
> The first user created when setting up a MediaWiki installation is a
> bureaucrat.  Bureaucrats can assign 'sysop' privileges to other users.
>
> See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions#Bureaucrats
> and the Special:UserRights page in your wiki.
>
> Greg Rundlett
> https://eQuality-Tech.com <https://equality-tech.com/>
> https://freephile.org

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Lewis Cawte
Sysop is the the administrator group, used by MediaWiki in configuration
but localised to 'administrator' be more human friendly.

-- Lewis Cawte

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:15 Aaron Gray, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am only getting :-
>
> Groups you can change
> - bot
> - administrator
> - bureaucrat
>
> On 17 June 2016 at 22:44, Greg Rundlett (freephile) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Aaron Gray <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have just installed a fresh new 1.26.3 MediaWiki.
> >>
> >> I cannot seem to find the sysop functionality.
> >>
> >> Presumably this is in a plugin/extension ?
> >>

> > Not an extension.  The 'sysop' privilege is built-in.
> >
> > The first user created when setting up a MediaWiki installation is a
> > bureaucrat.  Bureaucrats can assign 'sysop' privileges to other users.
> >
> > See
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions#Bureaucrats
> > and the Special:UserRights page in your wiki.
> >
> > Greg Rundlett
> > https://eQuality-Tech.com <https://equality-tech.com/>
> > https://freephile.org

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Aaron Gray-6
Cheers !

On 17 June 2016 at 23:22, Lewis Cawte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sysop is the the administrator group, used by MediaWiki in configuration
> but localised to 'administrator' be more human friendly.
>
> -- Lewis Cawte
>
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:15 Aaron Gray, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am only getting :-
>>
>> Groups you can change
>> - bot
>> - administrator
>> - bureaucrat
>>
>> On 17 June 2016 at 22:44, Greg Rundlett (freephile) <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > Not an extension.  The 'sysop' privilege is built-in.
>> >
>> > The first user created when setting up a MediaWiki installation is a
>> > bureaucrat.  Bureaucrats can assign 'sysop' privileges to other users.
>> >
>> > See
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions#Bureaucrats
>> > and the Special:UserRights page in your wiki.
>> >
>> > Greg Rundlett
>> > https://eQuality-Tech.com <https://equality-tech.com/>
>> > https://freephile.org

Re: Which plugin(s) give the sysop group ?

Mlpearc-2
Have you defined your user groups
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights> ?

*Mlpearc*