[MediaWiki-l] Why does Media wiki claim Questy Captcha is not available?

[MediaWiki-l] Why does Media wiki claim Questy Captcha is not available?

Jeffrey Walton
I am trying to test account creation. From a private browsing windows
I navigate to our wiki at https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Main_Page.
Then I click login and it takes me to
https://www.cryptopp.com/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page

I get an exception that says:

[XEjuboXCm5007QXukql23QAAAAI]
/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page Error from
line 18 of /var/www/html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/includes/ConfirmEditHooks.php:
Class 'QuestyCaptcha' not found

However, when I look in extensions/:

    # find . -name '*QuestyCaptcha.*'
    ./ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha/QuestyCaptcha.php
    ./ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha/QuestyCaptcha.class.php
    ./ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha.php

Adding this causes another php exception when attempting to load
LocalSettings.php and running update.php (from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:QuestyCaptcha):

    wfLoadExtensions([ 'ConfirmEdit', 'ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha' ]);

I'm having trouble getting the latest ConfirmEdit so that does not
appear to be a viable option.

Why does Media wiki claim Questy Captcha is not available?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Why does Media wiki claim Questy Captcha is not available?

Brian Wolff
Please include the details of the exception (Add $wgShowExceptionDetails =
true; )

Without the wfLoadExtensions line, MW won't know that it should load the
QuestyCaptcha classes.

Also it sounds like you have other config related to captchas set, please
say exactly what ConfirmEdit related config you have set in your
LocalSettings.php

--
Brian

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:35 PM Brian Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please include the details of the exception (Add $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; )
>

> Without the wfLoadExtensions line, MW won't know that it should load the QuestyCaptcha classes.
>
> Also it sounds like you have other config related to captchas set, please say exactly what ConfirmEdit related config you have set in your LocalSettings.php

Thanks Brian.

I think we'll wait until the next LTS comes out and revisit the
problems. In the meantime I'll create accounts manually as needed.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cryptopp-users/qUhEXM5r-PY/f7FCzY4_FwAJ

Jeff