[MediaWiki-l] custom Permissions Error (with action)

[MediaWiki-l] custom Permissions Error (with action)

rkevans
Hi, ... with MW-1.28.2 I am trying to create a custom page for users who receive the "Permission Error with action" system message.

Using the Special page "Special:AllMessages" I have learned that the display TITLE  for a permission error is defined by the content at "MediaWiki:Permissionserrors", and I have learned that the TEXT that a user sees upon a permission error with actions is defined by the content at "MediaWiki:Permissionserrorstext-withaction".

The default text is of "MediaWiki:Permissionserrorstext-withaction" is: "You do not have permission to $2, for the following {{PLURAL:$1|reason|reasons}}:"

When I create the custom page "MediaWiki:Permissionserrorstext-withaction" with the exact same content as the default, the $1, and $2 do not get parsed and the text displays the $1 and $2 as literals.

How can I get the $1 and $2 to process with the custom action(s)?

-Rich

Re: custom Permissions Error (with action)

Brian Wolff
That's very odd, it should just work.

You're sure you have $1 in there exactly (e.g. no space between $ and 1)?

If your wiki is public, can you link to it?

--
bawolff

p.s. When finding what mediawiki messsage to change, appending
?uselang=qqx (or &uselang=qqx) to the url can be much easier than
using Special:AllMessages.