[MediaWiki-l] default search profile in MW 1.27

[MediaWiki-l] default search profile in MW 1.27

Krabina Bernhard
Dear all,

I cannot figure out how to change the default behaviour (MW 1.27.4):

* Users that are not logged in and enter someting in the (built in) search box are searching using the default profile
* Users that are logged in are searching using the advances profile

I want to change that so that also logged-in users are directed to the Special:Search with the default profile, NOT with the advanced profile. I cannot find any configuration variable to influence this.

cheers,
Bernhard

Re: default search profile in MW 1.27

kghbln
Heiya Bernhard,

if I understand correctly, do not really know what you mean with default
and advanced profile, this is about this task [0]. This issue is a
pretty big pain in the you know where. Usually you set the default
namespaces to be searched with $wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault while
logged in users may override with their preferences. Currently there is
this issue.

Cheers Karsten

Am 27.02.2018 um 19:13 schrieb Krabina Bernhard:

> Dear all,
>
> I cannot figure out how to change the default behaviour (MW 1.27.4):
>
> * Users that are not logged in and enter someting in the (built in) search box are searching using the default profile
> * Users that are logged in are searching using the advances profile
>
> I want to change that so that also logged-in users are directed to the Special:Search with the default profile, NOT with the advanced profile. I cannot find any configuration variable to influence this.
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard

Re: default search profile in MW 1.27

Krabina Bernhard
I really mean just the user interface.

A non-logged-in-User will see the search results without the expanded list of namespaces to be searched, a logged-in user will always be directed to a list of search results with the advanced tab opened and the namespaces visible.

I want all users to only have the basic search results and cannot control that...

cheers,
Bernhard