[MediaWiki-l] edir auth login with local admin

[MediaWiki-l] edir auth login with local admin

Kai Plückhahn
Hi,

having a question to mediawiki 1.23 .
I configured the wiki to authenticate against edirectory. And this is working.
But i cannot login with the local administrator to do some admin tasks...
I turned true the
        $wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
parameter. But no success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kai

Re: edir auth login with local admin

Bill Traynor-2
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Kai Plückhahn
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> having a question to mediawiki 1.23 .
> I configured the wiki to authenticate against edirectory. And this is working.
> But i cannot login with the local administrator to do some admin tasks...
> I turned true the
>         $wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
> parameter. But no success.
>
> Any suggestions?

Turn on error reporting to see if there's anything obvious happening.
Add this to the LocalSettings.php:

#error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
#ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Also, check the server logs for errors.

> Thanks
>
> Kai

Re: edir auth login with local admin

Platonides
Bill Traynor wrote:

> Kai Plückhahn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> having a question to mediawiki 1.23 .
>> I configured the wiki to authenticate against edirectory. And this is working.
>> But i cannot login with the local administrator to do some admin tasks...
>> I turned true the
>>          $wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
>> parameter. But no success.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Turn on error reporting to see if there's anything obvious happening.
> Add this to the LocalSettings.php:
>
> #error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
> #ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Adding those directives commented won't help too much ;)

(and if debugging in the browser this way, they should be disabled after)

Re: edir auth login with local admin

Kai Plückhahn
I turned logging on. This are the logs after i tried to login with local
administrator.

Start request POST
/index.php5?title=Spezial:Anmelden&action=submitlogin&type=login&returnto=Hauptseite
HTTP HEADERS:
HOST: khdwiki...
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/40.0
ACCEPT:
text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: de,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate
REFERER:
http://khdwiki.../index.php5?title=Spezial:Anmelden&returnto=Hauptseite
COOKIE: khdwikiUserName=XXXX; khdwiki_session=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
khdwikiLoggedOut=1442825265
CONNECTION: keep-alive
CONTENT-TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
CONTENT-LENGTH: 131
[caches] main: EmptyBagOStuff, message: SqlBagOStuff, parser:
SqlBagOStuff
[caches] LocalisationCache: using store LCStoreDB
Connected to database 0 at 192.168....
Fully initialised
IP: 192.168....
Connected to database 0 at 192.168.....
MessageCache::load: Loading de... got from global cache
Unstubbing $wgParser on call of $wgParser::firstCallInit from
MessageCache::getParser
Parser: using preprocessor: Preprocessor_DOM
Unstubbing $wgLang on call of $wgLang::_unstub from
ParserOptions::__construct
User: cache miss for user 1
User: loading options for user 1 from database.
[username] User::isValidUserName: '192.168...' invalid due to empty,
IP, slash, length, or lowercase
Last line it´s showing an ip as username? Or is this normal way and i
misunderstand?

Kai
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having a question to mediawiki 1.23 .
> I configured the wiki to authenticate against edirectory. And this is
working.
> But i cannot login with the local administrator to do some admin
tasks...
> I turned true the
> $wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
> parameter. But no success.
>
> Any suggestions?

Turn on error reporting to see if there's anything obvious happening.
Add this to the LocalSettings.php:

#error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
#ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Also, check the server logs for errors.

> Thanks
>
> Kai

Re: edir auth login with local admin

Tobias Oetterer
Hey

Have a look at the extension's log. That always helps me finding problems with it:

$wgLDAPDebug = 3;
$wgDebugLogGroups['ldap'] = '/var/www/somewhere_within_openbasedir/ldapdebug.log';

Hope, it helps...

Regards,
Tobias Oetterer

--
If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect your time.
http://five.sentenc.es

[MediaWiki-l] Antw: Re: edir auth login with local admin

Kai Plückhahn
Ok. Solved.

i had in case of copy and paste some things the parameter:
$wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
before including this;
require_once 'extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAuthentication.php';
So for the plugin in was set to false ... ^^