[MediaWiki-l] fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

[MediaWiki-l] fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

rkevans
A while back I imported pages from the custom namespace of another wiki to the Main namespace of my wiki (e.g. XYZ:pagenames). The pages worked fine in the Main namespace.

Recently I created that custom namespace and was hoping that the old pages would magically relocate themselves into the new namespace ... they did not. Nor are they accessible anymore by any means that I know of. They show up in a list pages from Special:AllPages looking only at the Main namespace, but when I click on them, it says the page does not exist.

Is there a maintenance script that will fix this?

-Rich

- Richard Evans, NASA GRC - Plum Brook Station
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/rkevans
  (c)216.973.4398

Re: fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

Brian Wolff
There are two actually. namespaceDupes.php and cleanupTitles.php. i
personally like namespaceDupes.php better.

--
brian

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) <
[hidden email]> wrote:
> A while back I imported pages from the custom namespace of another wiki
to the Main namespace of my wiki (e.g. XYZ:pagenames). The pages worked
fine in the Main namespace.

> Recently I created that custom namespace and was hoping that the old
pages would magically relocate themselves into the new namespace ... they
did not. Nor are they accessible anymore by any means that I know of. They
show up in a list pages from Special:AllPages looking only at the Main
namespace, but when I click on them, it says the page does not exist.

> Is there a maintenance script that will fix this?
>
> -Rich
>

> - Richard Evans, NASA GRC - Plum Brook Station
>   http://www.linkedin.com/in/rkevans
>   (c)216.973.4398

Re: fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

rkevans
Awesome. Thanks.