[MediaWiki-l] help importing image into a new wiki
Hello.. I'm trying to move a wiki from host 1 to host 2
1. I've used the "dumpBackup.php --full" script to get the page content of the old wiki
2. I've used the "ImportDump.php" script to import the pages in the new wiki
3. I've made a .tar archive of the 'images' folder of the old wiki (thumbs and all)
4. I've copied the .tar archive of the images folder to the new wiki (thumbs and all)
5. I've unzipped the .tar archive in the new wiki in the images folder
6. I've run the rebuildall.php script on the new wiki
all these steps have completed without error or issue.
Unfortunately I'm not exporting the database SQL directly as you are .. I'm using the exportDump.php maintenance script to get the pages and page content as an XML file. You're approach works because your database transfer includes all data in all tables.. my approach is just the page names and page content as XML imported as new articles.
I can't (really don't want to) export the database directly as SQL because it's a very old version of MW 1.17 .. and the new site is MW 1.30.
The XML export from 1.17 and import to 1.30 went wonderfully well (except no images).. I have the image folder from the 1.17 site copied in to the 1.30 site and I just need to figure out how to tell MW to "rebuild the image pages" from the images folder.
From: MediaWiki-l [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Manuela
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:01 PM
To: [hidden email] Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] help importing image into a new wiki
I don't know why your approach does not work.
This is what I do: I export the database as sql using pypmyadmin, import it to the new host and copy the images folder. This has always worked for me