[MediaWiki-l] load.php gives different data through Cloudfront than directly

[MediaWiki-l] load.php gives different data through Cloudfront than directly

David Gerard-2
I have a work wiki (running 1.27) that I'm trying to put through AWS Cloudfront.

So far it appears to work through Cloudfront! Except that load.php
gives different data through Cloudfront, and I get an unstyled page,
and load.php's entire output seems to be:

/* This file is the Web entry point for MediaWiki's ResourceLoader:
   <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader>. In this request,
   no modules were requested. Max made me put this here. */

If I go directly to the wiki server, load.php gives all the stuff one
would expect.

Cache TTL is set to 0 while I try to get this working.

Lots of other people run MediaWiki through Cloudfront okay. What
simple thing have I missed here?

(I'm configuring Cloudfront with Terraform, if that helps.)

- d.

Re: load.php gives different data through Cloudfront than directly

Chad
My initial guess would be that the query string is getting stripped. The
behavior here is configurable--you're looking for the Forwarded Values
config in TF.

https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/aws/r/cloudfront_distribution.html#forwarded-values-arguments

-Chad

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019, 2:14 AM David Gerard <[hidden email] wrote:

> I have a work wiki (running 1.27) that I'm trying to put through AWS
> Cloudfront.
>
> So far it appears to work through Cloudfront! Except that load.php
> gives different data through Cloudfront, and I get an unstyled page,
> and load.php's entire output seems to be:
>
> /* This file is the Web entry point for MediaWiki's ResourceLoader:
>    <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader>. In this request,
>    no modules were requested. Max made me put this here. */
>
> If I go directly to the wiki server, load.php gives all the stuff one
> would expect.
>
> Cache TTL is set to 0 while I try to get this working.
>
> Lots of other people run MediaWiki through Cloudfront okay. What
> simple thing have I missed here?
>
> (I'm configuring Cloudfront with Terraform, if that helps.)
>

> - d.

Re: load.php gives different data through Cloudfront than directly

David Gerard-2
And that was it! Knew it'd be something super-simple. Thank you!

(And I *should* have picked up this one, 'cos it showed in previous
experiments with CF by hand rather than via TF ...)

- d.