[MediaWiki-l] local video playback via gallery tag

[MediaWiki-l] local video playback via gallery tag

rkevans
With MW 1.30 and up, is it yet possible to view video (mp4) files in standard mediawiki gallery [0] tags?

There seems to be quite a few extensions that address a variety of embedded video needs, but only TimedMediaHandler [1] and EmbedVideo [2] seem to claim to do what I'm hoping is possible; which is ... to allow wiki text like:

<gallery widths=300px heights=300px>
File:Mypic001.jpg
File:Mypic002.jpg
File:MyVideo001.mp4    <--- note the mp4 video file here.
File:Mypic003.jpg
</gallery>

to produce a combination of image thumbnails and video playback thumbnails per the supplied file extensions?

EmbedVideo seems to be the easiest way to go, but I'd like to choose the one that a) works with the gallery tag as described, and b) is better supported by MWF and the media wiki community.

Can anyone comment on the right/best way to do this?

Thanks!
/Rich

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images#Gallery_syntax)
[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler