[MediaWiki-l] newbie help?

Dave Stevens
I've used cpanel to install mediawiki at kvmf.ca/wiki

I want to post an image and can't. I've uploaded the image
to kvmf.ca/wiki/images and used code like this:

[[File:abc.jpg]]

expecting that the page would show the image at that point, but instead
I get a link to a filename (abc.jpg). I've checked the syntax
repeatedly and have changed the mode of the images folder to 777 hoping
this would help but to no avail. I don't know what else to try or what
(if any) diagnostics to try.

Ideas?

Dave

--
There is a very nasty proposal afoot to pollute the air
in Smithers even more than it is now. Various objections

Re: newbie help?

Benjamin Lees
You need to increase $wgMaxImageArea.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgMaxImageArea

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Dave Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've used cpanel to install mediawiki at kvmf.ca/wiki
>
> I want to post an image and can't. I've uploaded the image
> to kvmf.ca/wiki/images and used code like this:
>
> [[File:abc.jpg]]
>
> expecting that the page would show the image at that point, but instead
> I get a link to a filename (abc.jpg). I've checked the syntax
> repeatedly and have changed the mode of the images folder to 777 hoping
> this would help but to no avail. I don't know what else to try or what
> (if any) diagnostics to try.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Dave
>

> --
> There is a very nasty proposal afoot to pollute the air
> in Smithers even more than it is now. Various objections
> to this have been registered to no effect. Check out issues at
> http://ohnopro.ca

Re: newbie help?

Bartosz Dziewoński
On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 06:27:55 +0200, Dave Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've uploaded the image
> to kvmf.ca/wiki/images and used code like this:
>
> [[File:abc.jpg]]

Do you mean you put the file there via FTP or something? You need to use
the Special:Upload page on the wiki for uploading files, or run
maintenance/importImages.php afterwards if you have shell access,
otherwise MediaWiki will not be aware that the image exists.

--
Bartosz Dziewoński