[MediaWiki-l] no external image displayed by adding $wgAllowExternalImages = true

[MediaWiki-l] no external image displayed by adding $wgAllowExternalImages = true

james.zhu
hello:all of guys:
I use MediaWiki 1.25.2 and set  $wgAllowExternalImages = true in LocalSettings.php.
But my wiki still display the the linke in text, not the real image:
http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg

the source is: [[file:San.jpg|http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg]]

Does Anyone know what is the problem?

Re: no external image displayed by adding $wgAllowExternalImages = true

Benjamin Lees
With $wgAllowExternalImages, you don't use the [[ ]] internal link
format. Instead, you just put the image link by itself.

So a line with just
http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg
will work.

If you want it to be a link, use the [ ] external link format.
[http://linktowhateveryouwant.com
http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg]

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowExternalImages also
lists reasons you might not want to do this and alternatives that
might be better, but it should work.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 10:14 PM, james.zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello:all of guys:
> I use MediaWiki 1.25.2 and set  $wgAllowExternalImages = true in LocalSettings.php.
> But my wiki still display the the linke in text, not the real image:
> http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg
>

> the source is: [[file:San.jpg|http://www.hiastar.com/images/banners/Sangoma-Certified_Cards_Badge.jpg]]
>

> Does Anyone know what is the problem?

[MediaWiki-l] 回复: no external image displayed by adding$wgAllowExternalImages = true

james.zhu
thanks, it works!

收件人: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"<[hidden email]>;

主题: Re: [MediaWiki-l] no external image displayed by adding$wgAllowExternalImages = true