[MediaWiki-l] offtopic re behavior onlist

[MediaWiki-l] offtopic re behavior onlist

Sumana Harihareswara-2
> From: Wjhonson <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] [Wikisource-l] Proofread extension
> "extraction" of OCR text in Djvu
>
> More on the great Sarah Sharp fiasco :)

You're way offtopic, but hey, since you're linking to an anti-civility
piece, I'll link to a roundup and a couple of pro-civility pieces.

http://alexgaynor.net/2013/jul/16/you-dont-have-be-jerk-code-review/
"You don't have to be a jerk to code review"

To get back on-topic: this list is not LKML, and people don't get to be
abusive jerks. You will be moderated if you flame people and you don't
cool down when asked to.  We welcome frank speech, including criticism
of each other's work, but not insults directed at people.  If that does
not suit you, there are a zillion other lists out there for you to rant on.
--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

Re: offtopic re behavior onlist

Brion Vibber
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Sumana Harihareswara <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> To get back on-topic: this list is not LKML, and people don't get to be
> abusive jerks. You will be moderated if you flame people and you don't
> cool down when asked to.  We welcome frank speech, including criticism
> of each other's work, but not insults directed at people.  If that does
> not suit you, there are a zillion other lists out there for you to rant on.

+2

-- brion

Re: offtopic re behavior onlist

WJhonson
When I start ranting you can "teach" me.