[MediaWiki-l] only 404 error after upgrade

[MediaWiki-l] only 404 error after upgrade

Knut Krüger
I did an update from

Software     Version
MediaWiki     1.25.2
PHP     5.6.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 (cgi-fcgi)
MySQL     5.6.36-1~dotdeb+7.1-log
Lua     5.1.5

I changed with console access to 1.29.2 asw writen
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading

I used a complete new webspace with a subdomain new.mydomain.com

changed $wgServer from http://mydomain.com to http://new.mydomain.com

changed the database to a new, run the update script :

/MediaWiki 1.29.2 Updater//
//
//Your composer.lock file is up to date with current dependencies!//
//Going to run database updates for wikidb_neu//
//Depending on the size of your database this may take a while!//
//Abort with control-c in the next five seconds (skip this countdown
with --quick) ... 0//
//Turning off Content Handler DB fields for this part of upgrade.//
/

/... lot of lines //
/

/Set the local repo temp zone container to be private.//
//Purging caches...done./

But I get an 404 error on every page

variables are set as the at original site:

/
//$wgScriptExtension = ".php";//
//$wgScriptPath = "";//
//$wgArticlePath = "/$1";//
//
//$wgUsePathInfo = true;/

any hints?

Thank's in advance Knut

Re: only 404 error after upgrade

Brian Wolff
Given that you just moved domains, my first guess would be that your new
domain is serving files for that virtual host from a directory different
then the one you expect. Check to see if you can serve any files from that
domain, even a simple static html file or text document.

Your wgArticlePath seems to indicate that you use rewrite rules. Maybe your
new domain is not configured to process them. Try checking if commenting
out $wgArticlePath fixes things. Beyond that, having incorrect
$wgArticlePath/$wgScriptPath is the most common cause of 404s all over the
place, so make sure they are correct.

--
bawolff