[MediaWiki-l] sessions dropped with Auth_remoteuser

[MediaWiki-l] sessions dropped with Auth_remoteuser

rkevans
Hi! .. Could someone help decide if the work around is for a known issue with the extension: Auth-Remoteuser [0] is valid for MW-1.30

I'm running an Enterprise MW 1.30 on RHEL7 with CA Policy Agent on Apache as the enterprise access control mechanism and I'm having the exact problem that has been described here [1] as the "First Save Bug"

However, that issue is from the mid-2000's and I'm not having any luck contacting the original posters about the workaround solution they described as:

Try adding:
```
if( !isset( $_COOKIE[session_name()] )  ) { User::SetupSession(); }
```
in front of the $wg->isLoggedIn() and see if that helps.
(presumably in the mediawiki file "User.php")

I'm eager to solve this issue I'm having [2] and think this might be a solution, but I could use some expert insight.

Thanks and Happy Friday!
-Rich

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Auth_remoteuser
[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER#First-Save_Bug
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Auth_remoteuser#Sessions_dropping_seems_Auth_remoteuser_related

[MediaWiki-l] sessions dropped with Auth_remoteuser

rkevans
Hey guys,

I'm running an Enterprise MW 1.30 on RHEL7 with CA Policy Agent on Apache as the enterprise access control and I'm having the exact problem that has been described here [1] as the "First Save Bug" with the extension: Auth-Remoteuser [0].

Fortunately, someone presented a workaround work around for a known issue, however, that issue is from the mid-2000's and I'm not having any luck contacting the original posters about the workaround solution they described as:

Try adding:
```
if( !isset( $_COOKIE[session_name()] )  ) { User::SetupSession(); } ``` in front of the $wg->isLoggedIn() and see if that helps.
(presumably in the mediawiki file "User.php")

I'm eager to solve this issue I'm having [2] and think this might be a solution, but I could use some expert insight in where to modify MW1.30 user.php

Thanks!