[MediaWiki-l] setting up a wiki-farm

Sharon Kimble

I'm trying to set up a wiki-farm using the instructions at [fn:1] which
I know are a bit old, but I like using sequential installation
instructions.

However, wiki-1 installs perfectly with no problems, but if I try and
install wiki-2 it states "A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To
upgrade this installation, please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in
the box below. You will find it in LocalSettings.php."

I've tried using the upgrade key but am unable to progress further. I've
tried removing the LocalSettings.php, installing wiki-2 and then
replacing the LocalSettings.php from wiki-1. Wiki-1 still works, but
wiki-2 doesn't.

Wiki-1 has a prefix of 'df-' for its mariadb with the intention of
wiki-2 having a prefix of 'tg-'. So they're using the same database but
with different prefixes for their respective tables.

Both of the sites that I'm using are purely localhost, they will have no
internet presence at all, and are just intended to be used for
generating and checking new pages in their respective wikis.

So how can I easily install wiki-2, and perhaps others, too please?

Thanks
Sharon.

[Fn:1] http://web.archive.org/web/20070715020649/http://www.steverumberg.com/wiki/index.php/WikiHelp#Minimalist_Is_In
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7

Re: setting up a wiki-farm

Paul
You need to rename the previous LocalSettings.php to something other than LocalSettings.php

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 02:07, Sharon Kimble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I'm trying to set up a wiki-farm using the instructions at [fn:1] which
> I know are a bit old, but I like using sequential installation
> instructions.
>
> However, wiki-1 installs perfectly with no problems, but if I try and
> install wiki-2 it states "A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To
> upgrade this installation, please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in
> the box below. You will find it in LocalSettings.php."
>
> I've tried using the upgrade key but am unable to progress further. I've
> tried removing the LocalSettings.php, installing wiki-2 and then
> replacing the LocalSettings.php from wiki-1. Wiki-1 still works, but
> wiki-2 doesn't.
>
> Wiki-1 has a prefix of 'df-' for its mariadb with the intention of
> wiki-2 having a prefix of 'tg-'. So they're using the same database but
> with different prefixes for their respective tables.
>
> Both of the sites that I'm using are purely localhost, they will have no
> internet presence at all, and are just intended to be used for
> generating and checking new pages in their respective wikis.
>
> So how can I easily install wiki-2, and perhaps others, too please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.
>

> [Fn:1] http://web.archive.org/web/20070715020649/http://www.steverumberg.com/wiki/index.php/WikiHelp#Minimalist_Is_In
> --
> A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk
> TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
> DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
> Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7

Re: setting up a wiki-farm

Hubert Patrick (NHQ-AC)
What I've done on Windows server is:

- Setup Wiki1 under apache\htdocs\wiki1
- create the wiki2 folder under apache\htdocs\
- create symbolic links from wiki2 pointing to wiki1 for every file and folder under wiki1 except localsetting.php file and the mw-config folder
- copy wiki1 's localsetting.php to wiki2, and change details accordingly such as
$wgSitename = "wiki2";
$wgScriptPath = "/wiki2";
$wgLanguageCode = "fr";
Maybe the DB details as well, both of my wikis are using the same DB so didn't change them...

- You can also make a copy of the mw-config folder (and it's files) into wiki2 but not sure if needed.

You should be able to access both Wiki individually, having each in their own language.
Cheers,
Pat

[...]

A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7

Re: setting up a wiki-farm

Sharon Kimble
Paul <[hidden email]> writes:

> You need to rename the previous LocalSettings.php to something other
> than LocalSettings.php

I've set up my wiki-farm as below and wiki-drugfacts displays in the
browser, but wiki-tgmeds is failing to display saying this -

http://localhost/wiki-tgmeds/index.php/Main_Page

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wiki-tgmeds/index.php/Main_Page on this server.
Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 80

So how can I get it to display properly please?

Thanks
Sharon.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 02:07, Sharon Kimble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> I'm trying to set up a wiki-farm using the instructions at [fn:1] which
>> I know are a bit old, but I like using sequential installation
>> instructions.
>>
>> However, wiki-1 installs perfectly with no problems, but if I try and
>> install wiki-2 it states "A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To
>> upgrade this installation, please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in
>> the box below. You will find it in LocalSettings.php."
>>
>> I've tried using the upgrade key but am unable to progress further. I've
>> tried removing the LocalSettings.php, installing wiki-2 and then
>> replacing the LocalSettings.php from wiki-1. Wiki-1 still works, but
>> wiki-2 doesn't.
>>
>> Wiki-1 has a prefix of 'df-' for its mariadb with the intention of
>> wiki-2 having a prefix of 'tg-'. So they're using the same database but
>> with different prefixes for their respective tables.
>>
>> Both of the sites that I'm using are purely localhost, they will have no
>> internet presence at all, and are just intended to be used for
>> generating and checking new pages in their respective wikis.
>>
>> So how can I easily install wiki-2, and perhaps others, too please?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharon.
>>

>> [Fn:1] http://web.archive.org/web/20070715020649/http://www.steverumberg.com/wiki/index.php/WikiHelp#Minimalist_Is_In
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.9

Re: setting up a wiki-farm

Brian Wolff
Most likely the unix permissions are incorrect. Make sure that the apache
user (often www-data) has read access to your mediawiki install.

If its not permissions, then apache is probably misconfigured. Check the
various access directives in httpd.conf, .htaccess, etc.

Brian