[MediaWiki-l] sidebar edit

Poopak Alaeifar
Hi all,
I am not able to edit the navigation pane of my mediawiki, i am using monobook skin, as i know it should be a link under the pane which is "edit the navigation" and all would be same as editing other pages. But I am not able to see it (having administrator rights), does anyone know how to do it.?

regards,poopak

Re: sidebar edit

Isarra Yos
On 25/09/14 12:49, Poopak Alaeifar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am not able to edit the navigation pane of my mediawiki, i am using monobook skin, as i know it should be a link under the pane which is "edit the navigation" and all would be same as editing other pages. But I am not able to see it (having administrator rights), does anyone know how to do it.?
>
> regards,poopak

There's no actual link for that that I know of (though having one in the
by default that you just remove when you edit it might be an interesting
idea), so you need to go to [[mediawiki:sidebar]] and edit that. I'd
link to a relevant help page, but I couldn't find one.

Wikipedia's is a decent example of the different syntax that can be
used, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar

-I

Re: sidebar edit

Bill Traynor-2
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Isarra Yos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/09/14 12:49, Poopak Alaeifar wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I am not able to edit the navigation pane of my mediawiki, i am using
>> monobook skin, as i know it should be a link under the pane which is "edit
>> the navigation" and all would be same as editing other pages. But I am not
>> able to see it (having administrator rights), does anyone know how to do
>> it.?
>>
>> regards,poopak
>

> There's no actual link for that that I know of (though having one in the by
> default that you just remove when you edit it might be an interesting idea),
> so you need to go to [[mediawiki:sidebar]] and edit that. I'd link to a
> relevant help page, but I couldn't find one.

For what it's worth, the Admin Links extension includes an 'Edit Sidebar' link.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Admin_Links

> Wikipedia's is a decent example of the different syntax that can be used,
> though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar
>
> -I

[MediaWiki-l] SOLVED Fw: sidebar edit

Poopak Alaeifar

      On Friday, September 26, 2014 9:43 AM, Poopak Alaeifar <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Wow Done! You are awesome :) thanks a lot

     On Friday, September 26, 2014 3:01 AM, Bill Traynor <[hidden email]> wrote:

 On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Isarra Yos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/09/14 12:49, Poopak Alaeifar wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I am not able to edit the navigation pane of my mediawiki, i am using
>> monobook skin, as i know it should be a link under the pane which is "edit
>> the navigation" and all would be same as editing other pages. But I am not
>> able to see it (having administrator rights), does anyone know how to do
>> it.?
>>
>> regards,poopak
>

> There's no actual link for that that I know of (though having one in the by
> default that you just remove when you edit it might be an interesting idea),
> so you need to go to [[mediawiki:sidebar]] and edit that. I'd link to a
> relevant help page, but I couldn't find one.

For what it's worth, the Admin Links extension includes an 'Edit Sidebar' link.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Admin_Links

> Wikipedia's is a decent example of the different syntax that can be used,
> though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar
>
> -I

Re: sidebar edit

Jan Steinman
> From: Poopak Alaeifar <[hidden email]>
>
> I am not able to edit the navigation pane of my mediawiki, i am using monobook skin, as i know it should be a link under the pane which is "edit the navigation" and all would be same as editing other pages. But I am not able to see it (having administrator rights), does anyone know how to do it.?

Assuming you mean the sidebar when you talk about the "navigation pane," I have the following actually in the sidebar:

                • MediaWiki:Sidebar|Change this menu!

So now the sidebar has a link showing on every page for changing the sidebar.

To initially edit the sidebar, you need to go to:

        http://www.YourDomainName.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar

Then you can add the line above.

:::: The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. -- Charles DuBois