[Mediawiki-api-announce] Section edit REST API end point to be replaced next week

[Mediawiki-api-announce] Section edit REST API end point to be replaced next week

Gabriel Wicke-3

Hello, REST API users.

We are planning to deploy a new REST API endpoint for section editing next week. This will replace the current /transform/sections/to/wikitext/ end point, and will provide the same functionality in a more streamlined and extensible format.

The existing end point is classified as unstable, which guarantees that we are making an effort to avoid breaking existing clients. According to our data, the end point is basically unused at present, which is why we are aiming at a fairly speedy deploy around Tuesday next week (Aug 30). If you are using this end point at present & have concerns about its removal, then let us know here.

Best regards,

the WMF Services Team.

--
Gabriel Wicke
Principal Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation