Mediawiki instalation in SourceForge problem

Mediawiki instalation in SourceForge problem

Gustavo Courault
I want use mediawiki in my site hosted by sourceforge
I follow this instructions:
http://jglade.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Mediawiki_installation_on_SourceForge

I fill the form and when I submit I have this error:

    * PHP 4.3.10: ok
    * Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should
disable it if you are able.
    * PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Turck MMCache installed
    * Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
    * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in.
    * Installation directory: /tmp/persistent/stockyfact
    * Script URI path: /wiki
    * PHP is linked with old MySQL client libraries. If you are using a MySQL
4.1 server and have problems connecting to the database, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for help.
    * Connecting to s43643_mediawiki on mysql4-s as s43643admin...success.
    * Connected to 4.1.12; using enhancements for mySQL 4.
    * You are using mySQL 4.1, however, PHP is linked to older client
libraries. If you encounter authentication problems, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for pertinent solutions.
    * Database s43643_mediawiki exists
    * Creating tables... using MySQL 3/4 table defs...
      Warning: fopen(../maintenance/tables.sql): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in
/home/groups/s/st/stockyfact/htdocs/mediawiki-1.5.7/install-utils.inc on line
95
      Could not open "../maintenance/tables.sql".

In the site:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Sourceforge

There is a question with the same problem without answer yet.

Any help will be welcome!

---------------------------------
Gustavo A. Courault
http://www.clip-castellano.com.ar

jdd

Re: Mediawiki instalation in SourceForge problem

jdd
Gustavo Courault wrote:
> I want use mediawiki in my site hosted by sourceforge

I was said recently by sourcerforge that no wiki will be
autorised to stay in sourceforge.

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net

 --- jdd <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Gustavo Courault wrote:
> > I want use mediawiki in my site hosted by sourceforge
>
> I was said recently by sourcerforge that no wiki will be
> autorised to stay in sourceforge.

Thank you; what a bad news!

---------------------------------
Gustavo A. Courault
http://www.clip-castellano.com.ar

Re: Mediawiki instalation in SourceForge problem

Angela-5
On 3/23/06, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was said recently by sourcerforge that no wiki will be
> autorised to stay in sourceforge.

MediaWiki wikis are allowed to be hosted on SourceForge.

jdd forwarded me the mail at
<http://lists.tldp.org/index.cgi?1:mss:9599:200508:poadlponoakpmcghbdhm>
to explain why he thought wikis were not authorised to stay in
sourceforge.

This misunderstanding seems to related to the announced changes at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1109940&group_id=1&atid=350001>
where it was said "all existing group directory space will be mounted
read-only." However, data in a MySQL database is still writable, so
MediaWiki can still be hosted on Sourceforge. More info is at
<http://sourceforge.net/docs/E07/>, a, document which explains the two
ways of storing writable data on Sourceforge. It did cause Twiki to
move (<http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/TheNewTWikiDotOrgServer>),
but shouldn't affect MediaWiki or others that use a MySQL database.

Angela.