Mediawiki search is not finding parts of words

Mediawiki search is not finding parts of words

An el
Hi,

our problem is we have 2 articles in our mediawiki one contains ...intranet... in the title and the other one ...intranets... in the title.

If I enter "intranet" into the search I will only recieve the first article as a result but not the second on although "intranet" is a part of "intranets".

I would like to recieve both articles as a result even if i just type "intra" please tell me how that is possible with the Mediawiki version 1.7.1. Do I have to configure something or do i need a plugin???

Please Help!
Thanx
Tim

Re: Mediawiki search is not finding parts of words

Brion Vibber
An el wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our problem is we have 2 articles in our mediawiki one contains
> ...intranet... in the title and the other one ...intranets... in the title.
>
> If I enter "intranet" into the search I will only recieve the first article
> as a result but not the second on although "intranet" is a part of
> "intranets".

That's normal. Even google works this way. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)