Mediawiki syntax rendering in JavaScript

Mediawiki syntax rendering in JavaScript

Mathias Schindler
Hi,

after a while of googling and archive digging, I am still unable to find
a thread on mediawiki-l or somewhere else.

Is there anywhere a js project to render Mediawiki syntax on client side?

Mathias

Re: Mediawiki syntax rendering in JavaScript

Elliott F. Cable
If you're saying a javascript parser for mediawiki syntax, I don't
know of one. Or perhaps you just mean a javascript frontend of the
server-side parser, close enough either way.

On May 13, 2006, at 2:45 AM, Mathias Schindler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after a while of googling and archive digging, I am still unable to
> find
> a thread on mediawiki-l or somewhere else.
>
> Is there anywhere a js project to render Mediawiki syntax on client
> side?
>
> Mathias

Re: Mediawiki syntax rendering in JavaScript

Ashar Voultoiz-2
Mathias Schindler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a while of googling and archive digging, I am still unable to find
> a thread on mediawiki-l or somewhere else.
>
> Is there anywhere a js project to render Mediawiki syntax on client side?
>
> Mathias

Hello,

Brion answered sometime ago about having a javascript parser:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-January/027255.html

Some one also coded a mediawiki / javascript thing:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-February/027869.html

Demo site: http://81.5.150.113/wysi/

I am not sure it is still active :(

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar

Ashar Voultoiz wrote:

> Brion answered sometime ago about having a javascript parser:
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-January/027255.html

thanks. Brion's points are valid. However, they don't apply to my project.

However, reading this thread made me find
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Alternative_parsers

> Some one also coded a mediawiki / javascript thing:
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-February/027869.html
>
> Demo site: http://81.5.150.113/wysi/
>
> I am not sure it is still active :(

Oh, this looks promising. I will email the author.

Mathias