Membership renewal / Brighton hackathon

Harry Burt-2
Hey all,

it's vaguely that time of year again when I feel like I ought to be coughing up membership dues. Will a reminder be sent out at the correct time automatically or is there some other process I should be following? (I've been a member for two years; it didn't remind me last year but I heard talk of getting it to in the near future.)

Apologies for asking such a stupid question.

Also, as far as I know we're looking a little under-numbers for the Brighton Hackathon next weekend so I guess I should drop that into this email in the name of publicity.

Regards,
Harry (User:Jarry1250)

p.s. rather confusingly http://donate.wikimedia.org.uk has a different favicon from the usual domain, incidentally.

Re: Membership renewal / Brighton hackathon

Roger Bamkin
Thanks for the dual reminder Harry. I won't make the Hackathon which
is a pity as we need to do more of these. I have been to conferences
for Museum professionals and information researchers funded by the
European Commission. And thier hackathon is meabt to be using museum
data but the core of what they hack is wikipedia, freebaqse and
dbpedia. We have a great resource

regards
Roger Bamkin

--
Roger Bamkin
Chair WMUK <http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board>

Re: Membership renewal / Brighton hackathon

Thomas Morton
Also, as far as I know we're looking a little under-numbers for the Brighton Hackathon next weekend so I guess I should drop that into this email in the name of publicity.

My name is in the wrong section of the MW page :) so I will be there.

On the topic of renewals... how do we even go about that? I couldn't find anything on Wiki.

Tom

Re: Membership renewal / Brighton hackathon

Michael Peel-4

On 15 Nov 2011, at 00:13, Harry Burt wrote:

> it's vaguely that time of year again when I feel like I ought to be coughing up membership dues. Will a reminder be sent out at the correct time automatically or is there some other process I should be following? (I've been a member for two years; it didn't remind me last year but I heard talk of getting it to in the near future.)

Renewal reminders are normally sent out by our office administrator (i.e. Richard), but given the huge workload involved with the fundraiser right now there might be a bit of a delay in sending them out this month. If you don't want to wait for a renewal reminder, then you can renew using the join form at:
http://donate.wikimedia.org.uk/join
using the same email address that you originally joined with.

> p.s. rather confusingly http://donate.wikimedia.org.uk has a different favicon from the usual domain, incidentally.

Thanks for pointing that out; it should now be fixed. You may need to clear your browser's cache to see the updated favicon though.

Thanks,
Mike