Message from Laura // Thanks to WM UK for their kindness at GLAM Camp Amsterdam

Message from Laura // Thanks to WM UK for their kindness at GLAM Camp Amsterdam

Fae-6
Hi,

I'm delighted to pass on this message of thanks from one of our
Australian close friends. Having so many of our 'Ambassadors' at
GLAMsterdam was a great demonstration of how committed the chapter is
to our GLAM programme and a great opportunity to create and maintain
good will relationships with many other chapters.

We will be building up to the global GLAMwiki conference on 14-15
September 2012 in London, if you want to be more involved or have
ideas for the GLAM programme drop me a note.

* http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMcamp_Amsterdam
* http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM-WIKI-2012

Cheers,
Fae

----

Dear Wikimedia UK,

I wanted to thank your organisation on a personal level and on behalf of
Wikimedia Australia for the kindness extended to me GLAM Camp Amsterdam.
All the members I met from Wikimedia UK were supportive, kind and willing
to listen to me.  Many showed general interests in the projects I am
involved with as an Australian GLAM representative.  In turn, the members
from WM UK that I talked to were happy to answer questions about the
programs you run and how your chapter works.  Several members specifically
who were extremely helpful included PanyD, Mike Peel, HJ Mitchell, Brian
McNeill, Johnbod and Marek69.  I learned a lot from them and other members
from your chapter, and this will help my chapter and GLAM efforts in
Australia.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale
Wikimedia Australia, Vice President

Re: Message from Laura // Thanks to WM UK for their kindness at GLAM Camp Amsterdam

brian.mcneil-2
Laura,

Your suck-up efforts will not go unnoted! :P

We love ya for the 'honesty'. As Wikinews' Grouch-In-Chief, I know where
you're coming from in complaining about some people having 'disturbing'
"fluffy bunny" wallpaper views of the world.

#iGLAMsterdam was most productive in the people it brought together.
We'll never agree on a takeover plan, but we're all out to shake the
world.

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 09:25 +0000, Fae wrote:

> Hi, world.
>
> I'm delighted to pass on this message of thanks from one of our
> Australian close friends. Having so many of our 'Ambassadors' at
> GLAMsterdam was a great demonstration of how committed the chapter is
> to our GLAM programme and a great opportunity to create and maintain
> good will relationships with many other chapters.
>
> We will be building up to the global GLAMwiki conference on 14-15
> September 2012 in London, if you want to be more involved or have
> ideas for the GLAM programme drop me a note.
>
> * http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMcamp_Amsterdam
> * http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM-WIKI-2012
>
> Cheers,
> Fae
>
> ----
>
> Dear Wikimedia UK,
>
> I wanted to thank your organisation on a personal level and on behalf of
> Wikimedia Australia for the kindness extended to me GLAM Camp Amsterdam.
> All the members I met from Wikimedia UK were supportive, kind and willing
> to listen to me.  Many showed general interests in the projects I am
> involved with as an Australian GLAM representative.  In turn, the members
> from WM UK that I talked to were happy to answer questions about the
> programs you run and how your chapter works.  Several members specifically
> who were extremely helpful included PanyD, Mike Peel, HJ Mitchell, Brian
> McNeill, Johnbod and Marek69.  I learned a lot from them and other members
> from your chapter, and this will help my chapter and GLAM efforts in
> Australia.
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura Hale
> Wikimedia Australia, Vice President

Brian McNeil.
--
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil - Accredited Reporter.
Facts don't cease to be facts, but news ceases to be news.