[Meta] [[Translation request]] reform 1: Submission page ideas

[Meta] [[Translation request]] reform 1: Submission page ideas

KIZU Naoko
Hello,
as described in The Babylonian 2, Sabine Cretella and I had a meeting
with Sandy Ordonez in the last month. One of outcomes were an idea of
[[TR]] improvement.

Then we reached the conclusion that some kind of simplicity would be
nice to that page.
From several people I heard they have difficulties to get involved
into translation mainly due to complexity of [[TR]] series. They
hardly found the page they might be a help. And even for me, the pages
increasing in number are hard to grasp in a minutes. Also, there are
no instruction for newcomers. And today we have two portal pages:
[[Translations]] and [[TR]] and their merger have been one of our
concerns. All those concerns are better to solve as soon as possible.

Now I am developing  a possible replacement on my userpage
[[User:Aphaia/Sandbox]]. Today I wrote two kind of "Translate me" page
where people can submit their requests (of course if you have no
problem to set it up on TR/Translations, please do. It is a kind of
"XX for dummies"). One earlier created page is verbose and later one
is a bit simple (too much?). Perhaps via media would be better ....
and you can help us to find the way.

Please visit two pages and give your comment to [[User
talk:Aphaia/Sandbox]] (not [[Talk:TR]] for avoiding confusion with the
current TR related talks, if any).

URLs:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Aphaia/Sandbox/Request_submission (verbose)
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Translation_requests (simple)
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Aphaia/Sandbox (Comment here)

Thank you for your attention,

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *