MinusX - a new tool to make sure files aren't executable (+x)

MinusX - a new tool to make sure files aren't executable (+x)

Legoktm
Hi,

Occasionally someone will unintentionally create a new file or modify an
existing one to set the executable bit (+x). This is almost nearly an
accident, and usually someone will come along later and fix them en
masse[1][2].

With help from Anomie, I've written a tool, MinusX[3], that will search
and for executable files that shouldn't be, and optionally fix them.
It's written in PHP and should run as part of "composer test", but
operates on all types of files, not just PHP.

I've proposed adding this tool to all repositories[4] in an automated
manner.

If you have any suggestions/feature requests/bugs, feel free to create a
ticket in Phabricator or reply here.

[2] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/P5913
[3] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MinusX

-- Legoktm