Mirroring a MediaWiki and keeping it up-to-date

Mirroring a MediaWiki and keeping it up-to-date

kellyterryjones
I'd like to mirror a MediaWiki (I'm not the administrator) by:

1. Using the MediaWiki API to get a list of all the pages + then
download the content of each page.

2. Every day, use the API to "visit" the recent changes page and keep
grabbing pages until the I get to a page whose version matches the
version I already have.

Both of these steps are fairly easy-- has someone written a
Perl/PHP/Python/whatever script to do this, or should I roll my own?

Re: Mirroring a MediaWiki and keeping it up-to-date

Brion Vibber-3
Kelly Jones wrote:
> I'd like to mirror a MediaWiki (I'm not the administrator) by:

Ask the administrator to set up the OAI repository extension on it. Note
that you should ensure that the people running the site agree with your
mirroring.

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)