Missing articles? Go through newspaper obituaries

Missing articles? Go through newspaper obituaries

David Gerard-2
Anyone who rates an obituary in a national newspaper is probably
sufficiently notable to deserve an article. I just started [[Archie
Hind]] from the Guardian obit, and was surprised there was no article
as yet. So if you're bored, go through the obituary archives and see
what Wikipedia's missing.

- d.

Re: Missing articles? Go through newspaper obituaries

Mathias Schindler-2
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone who rates an obituary in a national newspaper is probably
>  sufficiently notable to deserve an article. I just started [[Archie
>  Hind]] from the Guardian obit, and was surprised there was no article
>  as yet. So if you're bored, go through the obituary archives and see
>  what Wikipedia's missing.

Do we have a list of "possibly-notable people who might die soon"?

Mathias

Re: Missing articles? Go through newspaper obituaries

Thomas Dalton
On 01/03/2008, Mathias Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > Anyone who rates an obituary in a national newspaper is probably
>  >  sufficiently notable to deserve an article. I just started [[Archie
>  >  Hind]] from the Guardian obit, and was surprised there was no article
>  >  as yet. So if you're bored, go through the obituary archives and see
>  >  what Wikipedia's missing.
>

> Do we have a list of "possibly-notable people who might die soon"?

That would be a good thing for wikinews to have (perhaps on the
private wiki that's been discussed).

Incidentally, why is this thread on wikimediauk-l?

Re: Missing articles? Go through newspaper obituaries

> On 01/03/2008, Mathias Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  >  > Anyone who rates an obituary in a national newspaper is probably
>  >  >  sufficiently notable to deserve an article. I just started [[Archie
>  >  >  Hind]] from the Guardian obit, and was surprised there was no article
>  >  >  as yet. So if you're bored, go through the obituary archives and see
>  >  >  what Wikipedia's missing.

>  > Do we have a list of "possibly-notable people who might die soon"?

> That would be a good thing for wikinews to have (perhaps on the
>  private wiki that's been discussed).
>  Incidentally, why is this thread on wikimediauk-l?

I blame gmail address autocompletion, myself.

- d.