Missing images after code consolidation

Sam Rowe-2

Hi,

I run several wikis for different departments at my work.. I recently
used the 'lndir' method for making them all run off the same codebase
and I forgot about uploaded files.

I've put the uploaded files (and dirs) back, but they no longer
display inline... only if you drill down to the actual URL fo the
image.

Permissions are fine. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Missing images after code consolidation

Brion Vibber
Sam Rowe wrote:
> I run several wikis for different departments at my work.. I recently
> used the 'lndir' method for making them all run off the same codebase
> and I forgot about uploaded files.
>
> I've put the uploaded files (and dirs) back, but they no longer
> display inline... only if you drill down to the actual URL fo the
> image.
>
> Permissions are fine. What am I missing?

1) Do newly edited pages work? yes/no

If yes:
2) Clear the objectcache table (see the FAQ) or update $wgCacheEpoch to the
current time to clear out previously-cached page renderings.

If no:
3) Check $wgUploadPath and $wgUploadDirectory to make sure they are correct.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 12:44:59PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
# Sam Rowe wrote:
# > I run several wikis for different departments at my work.. I recently
# > used the 'lndir' method for making them all run off the same codebase
# > and I forgot about uploaded files.
# >
#
# 1) Do newly edited pages work? yes/no
#
# If yes:
# 2) Clear the objectcache table (see the FAQ) or update $wgCacheEpoch to the
# current time to clear out previously-cached page renderings.
#
# If no:
# 3) Check $wgUploadPath and $wgUploadDirectory to make sure they are correct.

New edits don't work. Newly uploaded files DO work.

I looked in the database and the affected images have empty major
and minor mime, no height/width and so on... the file path is there,
but not much else:

| Ssl.pdf                                                         |   263302
| bigip ssl Guide                                               |        4 |
Amy           | 20050419132349 |         0 |          0 |        0 | a:0:{}
| UNKNOWN        |                | unknown        |

Is there a way (aside from re-uploading them all) to refresh that data? Or is
it a red-herring?

I set $wgCacheEpoch = mktime(); and reloaded a few pages and no go.

Sam Rowe wrote:
> New edits don't work. Newly uploaded files DO work.
>
> I looked in the database and the affected images have empty major
> and minor mime, no height/width and so on... the file path is there,
> but not much else:

Run maintenance/rebuildImages.php to refresh the database entries.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:23:33PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
# Sam Rowe wrote:
# > New edits don't work. Newly uploaded files DO work.
# >
# > I looked in the database and the affected images have empty major
# > and minor mime, no height/width and so on... the file path is there,
# > but not much else:
#
# Run maintenance/rebuildImages.php to refresh the database entries.

Ran it and it seems to have worked. Old images continue to appear
only as links. I checked the value of $wgImageMagickConvertCommand
and it's correct.

Any other ideas?

Sam Rowe wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:23:33PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> # Run maintenance/rebuildImages.php to refresh the database entries.
>
> Ran it and it seems to have worked. Old images continue to appear
> only as links. I checked the value of $wgImageMagickConvertCommand
> and it's correct.
>
> Any other ideas?

Now that the database entries are correct, return to step 1.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 01:16:44PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
# Sam Rowe wrote:
# > On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:23:33PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
# > # Run maintenance/rebuildImages.php to refresh the database entries.
# >
# > Ran it and it seems to have worked. Old images continue to appear
# > only as links. I checked the value of $wgImageMagickConvertCommand
# > and it's correct.
# >
# > Any other ideas?
#
# Now that the database entries are correct, return to step 1.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I cleared the object cache and set
the cache epoc to mktime();

-Sam