Mobile connectivity in Esino Lario

Alan Lai

Dear organizers,

During your bid, you claimed that Telecom Italia will connect a 1Gbps fibre cable to the hill town of Esino Lario for wikimania and beyond, so I wonder whether this means it's only TIM got mobile signal there or whether all mobile operators including Vodafone, WIND and 3 Italia will also have service in the area?

I also believe that a mesh like wifi network will be in place?

Best regards,
Alan Lai (id:28481k)

Re: Mobile connectivity in Esino Lario

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Alan Lai, 15/06/2016 18:48:
> During your bid, you claimed that Telecom Italia will connect a 1Gbps
> fibre cable to the hill town of Esino Lario for wikimania and beyond, so

Connectivity is provided by Eolo in the end.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Connectivity#Implementation

> I wonder whether this means it's only TIM got mobile signal there or
> whether all mobile operators including Vodafone, WIND and 3 Italia will
> also have service in the area?

Mobile signal is and was available from all mobile operators. The bigger
ones (Vodafone and TIM) tend to have better connectivity outside major
cities of Italy. (If you're comparing the costs and wondering why Wind
costs much less, that's the reason.)

Nemo

Re: Mobile connectivity in Esino Lario

Dario Crespi
Hi Alan,
Wind has a bad service in Esino. I'm here now and I'm using Vodafone without any problem.
And Wi-Fi is good.

Dario

Alan Lai, 15/06/2016 18:48:
During your bid, you claimed that Telecom Italia will connect a 1Gbps
fibre cable to the hill town of Esino Lario for wikimania and beyond, so

Connectivity is provided by Eolo in the end.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Connectivity#Implementation

I wonder whether this means it's only TIM got mobile signal there or
whether all mobile operators including Vodafone, WIND and 3 Italia will
also have service in the area?

Mobile signal is and was available from all mobile operators. The bigger ones (Vodafone and TIM) tend to have better connectivity outside major cities of Italy. (If you're comparing the costs and wondering why Wind costs much less, that's the reason.)

Nemo

Re: Mobile connectivity in Esino Lario

Dario Crespi
3G or 4G is also available in area ?

Yes, 3G is available.

Dario

[...]

Iolanda Pensa
4 days ago Tim brought 4G to Esino Lario.
Iolanda

--
Iolanda Pensa iPhone