Models

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Models

Ricardo Tafas
I have some base generic document that mus be altered to generate a new one.

The easyest way to do this is to copy/paste the document. But I wish
something different. Something like: open the "model" document through
link, edit it, and then save with another article name. Like "save as"
function.

I know we can use the "subst" and templates, but it would require some
saving and editing. Any other ideas?

Best Regards
Ricardo

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Models

Bugzilla from grok@resist.ca
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


> I have some base generic document that mus be altered to
> generate a new one.
>
> The easyest way to do this is to copy/paste the document.
> But I wish something different. Something like: open the
> "model" document through link, edit it, and then save with
> another article name. Like "save as" function.

I've been thinking for a while too that there needs to be a
"Save As" capability in the wiki software -- essentially
allowing the 'forking' of documents. I'm with you on this.

(I've been thinking of a 'merge' function too; but I'm not
pushing that right now...)
;P

- -- grok.



- --
*** FULL-SPECTRUM DOMINANCE! ***************************************
*          Boycott the Bourgeois Economy: BUY PROGRESSIVE          *
****** Critical endorsement only ***** Gift-giving Year-round ******
* http://www.cafepress.com/handsoffvenez Hands Off Venezuela store *
* http://www.cafepress.com/tarantulabros Tarantula Brothers Emporium
* http://www.southendpress.org                     South End Press *
* http://store.publicintegrity.org  Ctr for Public Integrity store *
* http://www.assatashakur.org/books.htm        Assata Shakur Books *
* http://www.greenandblacks.com Green & Blacks Fairtrade Chocolate *
* http://www.fairtrade.org.uk                  Fairtrade Mark UK   *
* http://www.fairtrade.ie                      Fairtrade Mark Eire *
* Neoconservatism: Where Borg & Empire strike back thru The Matrix *
GPG fingerprint = 2830 CEE8 4B63 72A0 F86E  622D 6245 9357 A705 91FA
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFD1/qaYkWTV6cFkfoRAgRYAJ9nq8pazQjz5QdFKQjkrSlYMjiy3wCfWtlo
xR4UjPiIFhbeLgDluwGDrcY=
=m7s6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Models

Hans Hoogers - Scramble
Hi,

Not completely sure what you try to achieve, but doesn't the Inputbox
extension with the "preload" parameter do the trick?
See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox#Parameters

Regards,

Hans



[hidden email] said the following on 25-1-2006 23:24:

>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>Hash: SHA1
>
>
>  
>
>>I have some base generic document that mus be altered to
>>generate a new one.
>>
>>The easyest way to do this is to copy/paste the document.
>>But I wish something different. Something like: open the
>>"model" document through link, edit it, and then save with
>>another article name. Like "save as" function.
>>    
>>
>
>I've been thinking for a while too that there needs to be a
>"Save As" capability in the wiki software -- essentially
>allowing the 'forking' of documents. I'm with you on this.
>
>(I've been thinking of a 'merge' function too; but I'm not
>pushing that right now...)
>;P
>
>- -- grok.
>
>
>
>- --
>*** FULL-SPECTRUM DOMINANCE! ***************************************
>*          Boycott the Bourgeois Economy: BUY PROGRESSIVE          *
>****** Critical endorsement only ***** Gift-giving Year-round ******
>* http://www.cafepress.com/handsoffvenez Hands Off Venezuela store *
>* http://www.cafepress.com/tarantulabros Tarantula Brothers Emporium
>* http://www.southendpress.org                     South End Press *
>* http://store.publicintegrity.org  Ctr for Public Integrity store *
>* http://www.assatashakur.org/books.htm        Assata Shakur Books *
>* http://www.greenandblacks.com Green & Blacks Fairtrade Chocolate *
>* http://www.fairtrade.org.uk                  Fairtrade Mark UK   *
>* http://www.fairtrade.ie                      Fairtrade Mark Eire *
>* Neoconservatism: Where Borg & Empire strike back thru The Matrix *
>GPG fingerprint = 2830 CEE8 4B63 72A0 F86E  622D 6245 9357 A705 91FA
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
>
>iD8DBQFD1/qaYkWTV6cFkfoRAgRYAJ9nq8pazQjz5QdFKQjkrSlYMjiy3wCfWtlo
>xR4UjPiIFhbeLgDluwGDrcY=
>=m7s6
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>_______________________________________________
>MediaWiki-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
>  
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Models

Bugzilla from rowan.collins@gmail.com
In reply to this post by Ricardo Tafas
On 17/01/06, Ricardo Tafas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have some base generic document that mus be altered to generate a new one.
[...]
> I know we can use the "subst" and templates, but it would require some
> saving and editing. Any other ideas?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox any good for you?
[Note particularly 'type=create' and 'preload=<page>']

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l