Monday: US Wikimedians' online meeting (Feb 11)

Monday: US Wikimedians' online meeting (Feb 11)

Pharos-3
Hi fellow Wiki-Americans,

We'll meet for a pan-USA Wikimedia local activists chat tomorrow on Monday, February 11 at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern.

Big topics of discussion include Wikipedia Day, Black History Month and Art+Feminism!

Agenda, feel free to edit:

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,248280924# US (New York)
+14086380968,,248280924# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 248 280 924
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/avRO9uO9q

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Defaults for new users of en.wp

Peter Meyer-2
I am collecting input on a proposal to change defaults for new users on en.wp so that (1) the Visual Editor tab is visible by default for new users, and (2) their watchlist immediately collects anything they edit.   My impression from chatting and editathons is that everyone agrees on this, but if not please say so.  Somehow I need to show that there is a consensus, or that there isn’t.   — peter meyer / econterms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)#Update_default_preferences_for_new_users