Monmouthpedia

Re: Monmouthpedia

Gordon Joly
On 01/01/2012 18:37, Chris Keating wrote:
> We've got some competition, it seems, from Ahmedabad, where there will
> be 230 people taking photos on Tuesday. Maybe someone should get in
> touch with them about QRpedia as well? :-D
>
> http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_wikimedia-commons-to-feature-more-of-ahmedabad_1632194
>

> Chris

"Wikimedia Commons to feature more of Ahmedabad"

The Commons: a media repository, for current and future Wikimedia
projects...

This reminds of a mapping party for OpenStreetMap. Don't think anybody
will be writing articles, just creating images?

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]

Re: Monmouthpedia

Gordon Joly
On 31/12/2011 20:07, Richard Symonds wrote:
I've just sent out an email to 15 supporters (ie, donors, current members etc) who are from the Monmouth area. Hopefully we can get them involved too - they'll be contacting John or [hidden email] if they want to help.

Richard

Excellent.

Recruit and retain!

Gordo

On 01/01/2012 08:27, geni wrote:

> On 31 December 2011 21:54, Gordon Joly<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On 31/12/2011 21:20, Roger Bamkin wrote:
>>> Notability is still an issue Gordon. However the rules for places are
>>> "its on a map" and we will do histioric buildings but not every 1960s
>>> Church. AGF I think .... you will be surprised. We pulled out 100
>>> items at Derby Museum and none were challenged on notability.
>>>
>>> Roger.
>> OK. Sure. So why is Monmouth so different from.... London (UK)? As a
>> project?
>>
>> Gordo
>>

> Turn on the Wikipedia articles option on Google maps while looking at
> London. Its already well covered.

Yes, I know. My question is this. What makes Monmouth different from
London or Cardiff as a Wikiproject?

I  found many geo-specific projects (including Cardiff on the English
Wikipedia)......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_Cities

Gordo

P.S. I prefer OpenStreetMap ....... since Google Maps have wonderfully
wrong information that you cannot fix (point of interest type things etc).

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]
http://www.joly.org.uk/
Don't Leave Space To The Professionals!

Re: Monmouthpedia

Roger Bamkin
I'm just copying this to John Cummings, can we add him to the list. I think hes asked but not managed it yet

Roger

On 30 December 2011 16:10, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16359364

I've just seen this article. I'd somehow missed this is the planning stages (I was vaguely aware of some discussion about qr codes, but hadn't realised anything had progressed this far) - it looks like a great idea.

It's a good article too, I particularly like the quote from John about being told he should implement his idea himself - that's exactly the attitude wmuk should have and we should make everyone aware of that.

The only thing I don't like about the article is that it makes it sound like a Wikipedia project, rather than a Wikimedia UK project. It's not a big deal, but we should try and get the chapter's role more emphasis.

Roger Bamkin
01332 702993
0758 2020815
Google+:Victuallers
Skype:Victuallers1
Flickr:Victuallers2

Re: Monmouthpedia

Andy Mabbett-2
Hi Harry,

Not a Monmouthpedia issue, but I have two BotRequests outstanding:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bot_requests/Archive_44#Date_templates_in_infoboxes

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bot_requests/Archive_44#Apply_template_to_album_and_single_durations_in_Infobox_album_.26_Track_listing

Would you be interested in helping with them?

[Apologies if I've asked you before, and forgotten.]

Andy M.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing