Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Nuria Ruiz
Hello!

The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able to
return monthly pageview stats as of this week.

For example, the request below will get you a monthly count of pageviews
for de.wikipedia's article Barack_Obama for the year 2016 (note 'monthly'
parameter on url)

http://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/per-article/de.wikipedia/all-access/all-agents/Barack_Obama/
*monthly*/2016010100/2016123100

More documentation and examples can be found on our quickstart guide:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/PageviewAPI#Quick_Start

Thanks,

Nuria

Re: [Analytics] Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Jonathan Morgan
Awesome. Thanks Analytics team!

- J

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 3:19 AM, Thomas Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able
> > return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
>
> Thanks, Nuria and team, very useful addition to the API. I have
> updated pageviews.js accordingly:
> https://github.com/tomayac/pageviews.js/commit/
> 643d3f2e2840e06b82b7d007b3611d4702376261.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
>
> --
> Dr. Thomas Steiner, Employee (https://blog.tomayac.com,
> https://twitter.com/tomayac)
>
> Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
> Managing Directors: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle
> Registration office and registration number: Hamburg, HRB 86891

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

Re: [Analytics] Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Erik Zachte-3
Thanks Analytics Team for this really good news! A lot of reporting tools will benefit.

Erik Zachte

Nice addition and work. Very useful indeed.

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Morgan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Awesome. Thanks Analytics team!
>
> - J
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 3:19 AM, Thomas Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is
>>> able
>>> return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
>>
>> Thanks, Nuria and team, very useful addition to the API. I have
>> updated pageviews.js accordingly:
>> https://github.com/tomayac/pageviews.js/commit/
>> 643d3f2e2840e06b82b7d007b3611d4702376261.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tom
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Thomas Steiner, Employee (https://blog.tomayac.com,
>> https://twitter.com/tomayac)
>>
>> Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg, Germany Managing
>> Directors: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle Registration
>> office and registration number: Hamburg, HRB 86891

> Jonathan T. Morgan
> Senior Design Researcher
> Wikimedia Foundation
> User:Jmorgan (WMF)
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

Re: Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
(Fixed link, for wikitech-l)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able to
> return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
>

> For example, the request below will get you a monthly count of pageviews
> for de.wikipedia's article Barack_Obama for the year 2016 (note 'monthly'
> parameter on url)

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/per-article/de.wikipedia/all-access/all-agents/Barack_Obama/monthly/2016010100/2016123100

(automatic richtext conversion on wikitech-l had added *s around the
bolded "monthly". :)

> More documentation and examples can be found on our quickstart guide:
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/PageviewAPI#Quick_Start

The interface given in that first link is also really interesting! (
https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc ). Thanks, Analytics.

> Thanks,
>
> Nuria

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, WMF

Re: [Analytics] Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

MusikAnimal-2
Pageviews Analysis now has support for the monthly granularity:

http://tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=en.wikipedia.org&start=2015-07&end=2016-12&pages=Barack_Obama|Donald_Trump|Hillary_Clinton|Bernie_Sanders

...which is much more decipherable than the same range with daily
granularity!:

http://tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=en.wikipedia.org&start=2015-07-01&end=2016-12-31&pages=Barack_Obama|Donald_Trump|Hillary_Clinton|Bernie_Sanders

Thanks to the Analytics team and GCI! :)

~MA

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> (Fixed link, for wikitech-l)
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able
> > return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
> >

> > For example, the request below will get you a monthly count of pageviews
> > for de.wikipedia's article Barack_Obama for the year 2016 (note 'monthly'
> > parameter on url)
> >

> https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/per-
> article/de.wikipedia/all-access/all-agents/Barack_
> Obama/monthly/2016010100/2016123100
>
> (automatic richtext conversion on wikitech-l had added *s around the
> bolded "monthly". :)
>

> > More documentation and examples can be found on our quickstart guide:
> > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/PageviewAPI#Quick_Start
>
> The interface given in that first link is also really interesting! (
> https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc ). Thanks, Analytics.
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nuria

> Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> Community Liaison, WMF

Re: Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

mathieu lovato stumpf guntz
Hi Nuria,

As far as I know, there is no direct access to count of pageviews
directly on pages, is there? What about add one, along the "This page
was last modified on" message at the bottom of the page?

Accountably,
Mathieu

Le 25/01/2017 à 05:18, Nuria Ruiz a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able to
> return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
>

> For example, the request below will get you a monthly count of pageviews
> for de.wikipedia's article Barack_Obama for the year 2016 (note 'monthly'
> parameter on url)
>
> http://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/per-article/de.wikipedia/all-access/all-agents/Barack_Obama/
> *monthly*/2016010100/2016123100
>

> More documentation and examples can be found on our quickstart guide:
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/PageviewAPI#Quick_Start
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuria

Re: Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

Marcel Ruiz Forns
Hi Mathieu,

As far as I know, there is no direct access to count of pageviews directly
> on pages, is there?

Not sure if that is what you are imagining, but there is one link under the
"View History" tab, called "Page view statistics" (Extenal links section).
It brings you to the Pageviews Analysis Tool, already showing stats for
that particular page for the last 20 days.

Cheers!

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 5:26 PM, mathieu stumpf guntz <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nuria,
>
> As far as I know, there is no direct access to count of pageviews directly
> on pages, is there? What about add one, along the "This page was last
> modified on" message at the bottom of the page?
>
> Accountably,
> Mathieu
>
> Le 25/01/2017 à 05:18, Nuria Ruiz a écrit :
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> The Analytics team would like to announce that the Pageview API is able to
>> return monthly pageview stats as of this week.
>>

>> For example, the request below will get you a monthly count of pageviews
>> for de.wikipedia's article Barack_Obama for the year 2016 (note 'monthly'
>> parameter on url)
>>
>> http://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/per-artic
>> le/de.wikipedia/all-access/all-agents/Barack_Obama/
>> *monthly*/2016010100/2016123100
>>

>> More documentation and examples can be found on our quickstart guide:
>> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/PageviewAPI#Quick_Start
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nuria

*Marcel Ruiz Forns*
Analytics Developer

Re: Monthly page view stats that can now be queried via Pageview API.

mathieu lovato stumpf guntz
Yes, that was the kind of link I was looking for, thank you. :)