More bad good faith edits than the norm?

More bad good faith edits than the norm?

Alan Liefting
Is it because of the new task I am working on or has there been an
increase in bad good faith edits?  I am seeing a lot of images being
added with incorrect syntax and therefore appearing inCategory:Articles
with missing files

Is that attrition of experienced editors starting to show??

Alan

Re: More bad good faith edits than the norm?

WereSpielChequers-2
Hi Alan,

Whilst we are losing a few of our longstanding editors, the picture
generally is that because of our deletionism problems we are failing to
recruit as many active editors as we used to. So we are a fairly stable or
very slowly dwindling band of increasingly experienced people.

However this month we have Wiki Loves monuments running with thousands of
photographers coming on board and donating images. So I wouldn't be
surprised if September sees an increase in people making mistakes when
adding images.

And of course September is the traditional start of most Academic years, so
there is bound to be something of an annual spike in young people coming
online for the first time.

WSC