Moving deprecated bots to an archive directory

Moving deprecated bots to an archive directory

Daniel Herding
Hi,

the main directory keeps filling up with scripts. To keep some order, I
would suggest moving some older scripts to an archive directory. That's
why I want to know which of the following scripts are still in use. I
don't want to offend anyone; if you think one of the scripts in the list
is still in use or under development, please simply say so.

are-identical.py
     http://tools.wikimedia.de/~flacus/IWLC/start.php works much better

brackethttp.py
     I don't think anyone still uses it

check_extern.py
     Replaced by weblinkchecker.py

copy_table.py
     Too much work to maintain it

editarticle.py
     No longer maintained, but we should re-use parts of it for other
     scripts.

extract_names.py
     Doesn't write the file format expected by most scripts.

find.py
     Never worked; we might also consider deleting it.

getimages.py
     imagetransfer.py can do everything this can do

pagefromfile.py
     should either be updated or moved away

saveHTML.py
     No longer maintained and maybe also no longer used

sqldump.py
     All scripts have been changed and now only support xmldump.py

translator.py
     Part of copy_table.py

us-states.py
     Unless someone is still using it

vertexgen.py
     Needs commenting, also in interwiki.py. Now it's unclear what's its
     purpose.

WdT.py and WdTXMLParser.py
     No longer used/maintained.

windows_chars.py
     I don't think there are still any more ISO 8859-1 wikis left
     anywhere, are they?

Daniel