Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

Sam Reed-2

A bit of a heads up, more for European members, but welcome to anyone

Just wondering if there’s any interest in anyone attending Mozillas “Media, Freedom and the Web” Festival [1], 4th-6th November 2011 in London.

They are looking for people from communities (such as ours, will do a more public post) to form part of a Human API [2] team, helping people to hack and use Wikipedia et al in new ways. Or you can attend as a regular attendee and take part.

Would be quite nice if we can get a mix of technical members, and other related community people.

I know this is probably more relevant to some of the European based community, but it is open to all, so people from further afield would also be welcome if they wanted to attend!

Any interest?

Sam

[1] https://mozillafestival.org/

[2] https://mozillafestival.org/program/human-api/

Re: Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

Sam Reed-2

If there is any interest on this, please feel free to sign up at the Mozilla Festival website, else contacting [hidden email]

I have also been informed, depending on where you are coming from, and what you’re going to do throughout the event, there is a possibility of free admission.

Some more information from the Mozilla foundation

We're reaching out to you because we'd like you to be our guest at the Mozilla Festival in London November 4-6. The Festival's theme this year is "Media, Freedom, and the Web," and we have cued up a number of hackfests, design jams, and other discussions about some of the most pressing issues facing journalism on the open web.

A few examples of what we have brewing:

A deep dive into moving from real-time streams to big-picture pieces

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/flow-media/

Assembling a "utility belt" for data journalism

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/data-journalism/

A look into verifiability and identity on the web

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/verify-sources/

And tons more.

We think you being in London will make these activities even better.

For more information about the Mozilla Festival, please visit: https://mozillafestival.org/

We'd love to see you in London! Please don't hesitate to write back with questions.

Thanks so much.

Re: Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

HJ Mitchell
Tell me more...

I might be down in London on the 5th, so I could easily extend my trip.

Harry

Re: Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

Michael Peel-4
If any WMUK member is interested in attending this, but can't due to travel costs, then I'd encourage you to apply for a microgrant:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Microgrants

Thanks,
Mike