Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Tom Morris-5
Mozilla have just launched a new co-working space called Mozilla Spaces.

See:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/mozilla-spaces/
http://thenextweb.com/uk/2012/03/23/a-look-inside-mozillas-new-london-co-working-space/

The point of it is that it's supposed to be a place for people who
work on the "open web".

And, of course, Wikipedians definitely qualify. I asked Dees, who is
running the London Mozilla Space, if Wikipedians are welcome, and the
answer is "Yes. Yes. And Yes. End of!"

So if you happen to find yourself with a spare hour or two, and you
are near St. Martin's Lane, London, hit up @cyberdees and go hang out
with some Mozilla folk.

Editing with Firefox is not compulsory, but highly recommended. ;-)

(Obligatory security warning: if editing from public wifi, especially
if you are an admin or have other elevated user privileges, be sure to
use HTTPS - if you are using Firefox, install HTTPS Everywhere.)

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>

Re: Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Gordon Joly
On 23/03/2012 20:57, Tom Morris wrote:

> Mozilla have just launched a new co-working space called Mozilla Spaces.
>
> See:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/mozilla-spaces/
> http://thenextweb.com/uk/2012/03/23/a-look-inside-mozillas-new-london-co-working-space/
>
> The point of it is that it's supposed to be a place for people who
> work on the "open web".
>
> And, of course, Wikipedians definitely qualify. I asked Dees, who is
> running the London Mozilla Space, if Wikipedians are welcome, and the
> answer is "Yes. Yes. And Yes. End of!"
>
> So if you happen to find yourself with a spare hour or two, and you
> are near St. Martin's Lane, London, hit up @cyberdees and go hang out
> with some Mozilla folk.
>
> Editing with Firefox is not compulsory, but highly recommended. ;-)
>
> (Obligatory security warning: if editing from public wifi, especially
> if you are an admin or have other elevated user privileges, be sure to
> use HTTPS - if you are using Firefox, install HTTPS Everywhere.)

Or go along to WMUK HQ?

Near Old Street Roundabout....

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]

On Friday, 23 March 2012 at 22:20, Gordon Joly wrote:
> Or go along to WMUK HQ?
>
> Near Old Street Roundabout....

Yep. The existence of Mozilla Spaces isn't an excuse not to go visit the WMUK offices. ;-)

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>

Re: Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Desigan Chinniah
Wikipedians

As Tom mentioned — you are all more than welcome to come round, make yourself at home and continue making the web better! You may also have to put the kettle on and make us Mozillians a round of tea ;)

Going forward we could also perhaps also talk about holding a meetup, un-conference or the like.

The address: 101 St Martins Lane, 3rd Floor, WC2N 4AZ

Dees / @cyberdees

--
Desigan Chinniah | Firestarter - Mozilla

Re: Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Jon Davies
I would love to come over for a visit - may be after Easter now but
what times are the best for you?
Jon

--
Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Desigan Chinniah
Hi Jon + all

Right now, there are usually Mozillians in from around 10:00 onwards. Once we get more settled over the coming months there should be someone in by 09:00.

Dees / @cyberdees

On 24/03/2012 23:11, Desigan Chinniah wrote:

> Going forward we could also perhaps also talk about holding a meetup,
> un-conference or the like.
>
> The address: 101 St Martins Lane, 3rd Floor, WC2N 4AZ
What about the "London Wiki Wednesday" events?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/2355889529/

Any thoughts?

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]
http://www.joly.org.uk/
Don't Leave Space To The Professionals!

Re: Mozilla Spaces comes to London

Jon Davies
We are keen to have a regular, probably monthly to start, open access
edit type event where people could come and share and learn.

I would think after the AGM would be best - we can promote it there.

It needs to be after our slight office expansion (to six desks) in mid
April and be on an afternoon that is best.  I believe Wednesday
afternoons are still 'sports afternoons' at colleges so perhaps
Wednesdays are best as we can attract at least one group of Wikimedians.

Any thoughts from people?

Jon

On 26/03/2012 12:02, Jon Davies wrote:

> It needs to be after our slight office expansion (to six desks) in mid
> April and be on an afternoon that is best.  I believe Wednesday
> afternoons are still 'sports afternoons' at colleges so perhaps
> Wednesdays are best as we can attract at least one group of Wikimedians.
Or CCF? Combined Cadet Force?

Gordo