Multiplayer High

Milos Rancic-2
I would like to repeat that we need to think about this:
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/28/flux.html

Re: Multiplayer High

Виктория-6
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to repeat that we need to think about this:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/28/flux.html

Of course, there is a lot of parallels between  the Wikipedia environment,
MMOs and Virtual Worlds - and Wikipedia is something like a stripped down,
text only variant of the former and the latter, full of individual quests,
virtual  friends/enemies and  problems/solutions. And when a wikipedian
stops learning, (s)he leaves. The real question is what to do about it.

For example, do we need a presence in Second Life so players can refer to
Wikipedia without leaving the game?

Victoria

Re: Multiplayer High

Milos Rancic-2
On 05/02/2011 08:55 AM, Виктория wrote:
> For example, do we need a presence in Second Life so players can refer to
> Wikipedia without leaving the game?

Not just in Second life and not just to refer. MMORPGs are for long time
places for socialization, too. We would for sure get some editors if it
would be possible to edit Wikimedia projects from virtual environments.

Re: Multiplayer High

Kim Bruning
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:55:56AM +0200, Milos Rancic wrote:
> I would like to repeat that we need to think about this:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/28/flux.html

Wikipedia has long been described as a specific form of MMORPG in some corners. It definitely involves a lot of grinding
;-)

sincerely,
        Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72

Re: Multiplayer High

Svip
On 2 May 2011 10:59, Kim Bruning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:55:56AM +0200, Milos Rancic wrote:
>
>> I would like to repeat that we need to think about this:
>> http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/28/flux.html
>
> Wikipedia has long been described as a specific form of MMORPG in some corners. It
> definitely involves a lot of grinding

Wait, how do you grind on Wikipedia?

Re: Multiplayer High

David Richfield
>> Wikipedia has long been described as a specific form of MMORPG in some corners. It
>> definitely involves a lot of grinding
>
> Wait, how do you grind on Wikipedia?

Well, I guess fixing typos and reviewing new articles and recent
changes would be examples.

--
David Richfield
e^(πi)+1=0