My views on the proposed projects for GSoC '19

My views on the proposed projects for GSoC '19

K. Kaushik Reddy
Hi people,

This is Kaushik again. I have gone through the proposed GSoC'19 project
ideas, they are all good.
https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019

But , I am looking for something which can be done with python. I also
think the above projects can be done with python befriended with  java
script.( Just suggesting, no offense).
I am really optimistic that wikimedia would propose some projects dealing
with Data science or python for GSoC'19.
I actually have many ideas regarding the above mentioned topics.
I would bring them in a good form and would like to propose before you
people soon.

with regards,
Kaushik.

Re: My views on the proposed projects for GSoC '19

Brian Wolff
Hi Kaushik,

You are welcome to suggest your own projects for gsoc. If your interest is
in data science you may want to read up on some of the stuff that the
analytics team does.

Different areas have different programming language requirements. For
example SRE often uses python. I think analytics stuff is ok with python
but I'm less familiar with that area personally.

Good luck,
Bawolff

On Sunday, January 27, 2019, K. Kaushik Reddy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> This is Kaushik again. I have gone through the proposed GSoC'19 project
> ideas, they are all good.
> https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019
>

> But , I am looking for something which can be done with python. I also
> think the above projects can be done with python befriended with  java
> script.( Just suggesting, no offense).
> I am really optimistic that wikimedia would propose some projects dealing
> with Data science or python for GSoC'19.
> I actually have many ideas regarding the above mentioned topics.
> I would bring them in a good form and would like to propose before you
> people soon.
>

> with regards,
> Kaushik.

Re: My views on the proposed projects for GSoC '19

Mohd Yuhairi tzm

9.00pm 28/1/2019
--
Sent from Hotmail Email App for Android Monday, 28 January 2019, 04:04am +08:00 from Brian Wolff  [hidden email] :

>Hi Kaushik,
>
>You are welcome to suggest your own projects for gsoc. If your interest is
>in data science you may want to read up on some of the stuff that the
>analytics team does.
>
>Different areas have different programming language requirements. For
>example SRE often uses python. I think analytics stuff is ok with python
>but I'm less familiar with that area personally.
>
>Good luck,
>Bawolff
>
>On Sunday, January 27, 2019, K. Kaushik Reddy < [hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
> Hi people,
>
> This is Kaushik again. I have gone through the proposed GSoC'19 project
> ideas, they are all good.
> https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019
>

> But , I am looking for something which can be done with python. I also
> think the above projects can be done with python befriended with  java
> script.( Just suggesting, no offense).
> I am really optimistic that wikimedia would propose some projects dealing
> with Data science or python for GSoC'19.
> I actually have many ideas regarding the above mentioned topics.
> I would bring them in a good form and would like to propose before you
> people soon.
>

> with regards,
> Kaushik.

Re: My views on the proposed projects for GSoC '19

Srishti Sethi
Hello Kaushik,

As Brian mentioned, you could first learn more about Wikimedia's work in
the Data Analytics area. Explore some related blog posts and projects here:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/c/technology/analytics/
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics

Here is where you can find more information on a similar project a former
student completed in GSoC last year:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/Past_projects#Improvements_to_Wikistats_2.0_front-end
.

If you’ve more questions about participating in GSoC, take a look at our
FAQ: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_programs/FAQ.

There will be more projects that we will add to the idealist in a few
weeks. So, check back for more ideas on
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019.

Cheers,
Srishti

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 12:05 PM Mohd Yuhairi tzm <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> 9.00pm 28/1/2019
> --
> Sent from Hotmail Email App for Android Monday, 28 January 2019, 04:04am
> +08:00 from Brian Wolff  [hidden email] :
>
> >Hi Kaushik,
> >
> >You are welcome to suggest your own projects for gsoc. If your interest is
> >in data science you may want to read up on some of the stuff that the
> >analytics team does.
> >
> >Different areas have different programming language requirements. For
> >example SRE often uses python. I think analytics stuff is ok with python
> >but I'm less familiar with that area personally.
> >
> >Good luck,
> >Bawolff
> >
> >On Sunday, January 27, 2019, K. Kaushik Reddy < [hidden email]>
> >wrote:
> >
> > Hi people,
> >
> > This is Kaushik again. I have gone through the proposed GSoC'19 project
> > ideas, they are all good.
> > https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019
> >

> > But , I am looking for something which can be done with python. I also
> > think the above projects can be done with python befriended with  java
> > script.( Just suggesting, no offense).
> > I am really optimistic that wikimedia would propose some projects dealing
> > with Data science or python for GSoC'19.
> > I actually have many ideas regarding the above mentioned topics.
> > I would bring them in a good form and would like to propose before you
> > people soon.
> >

> > with regards,
> > Kaushik.

Srishti Sethi
Developer Advocate | Wikimedia Foundation
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SSethi_(WMF)