MySQL error 1146 after upgrading

Colin Donald
Hi,

I installed MediaWiki 1.4.0 via my hosting company's
control panel and immediately upgraded to 1.5.7 via
FTP. This worked fine when I tried it with 1.5.6, but
now I get this error message:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may
indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted
database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj". MySQL
returned error "1146: Table
'jigsawuk_org_-_wiki.wiki_page' doesn't exist
(localhost)".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Colin

Re: MySQL error 1146 after upgrading

Rob Church
Does the referenced table exist in the database?

Rob Church

On 16/03/06, Colin Donald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed MediaWiki 1.4.0 via my hosting company's
> control panel and immediately upgraded to 1.5.7 via
> FTP. This worked fine when I tried it with 1.5.6, but
> now I get this error message:
>
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may
> indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted
> database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj". MySQL
> returned error "1146: Table
> 'jigsawuk_org_-_wiki.wiki_page' doesn't exist
> (localhost)".
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Colin

Re: MySQL error 1146 after upgrading

Colin Donald
Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying so promptly. No, it doesn't.

phpMyAdmin tells me there are 26 tables:

wiki_archive
wiki_blobs
wiki_brokenlinks
wiki_categorylinks
wiki_cur
wiki_hitcounter
wiki_image
wiki_imagelinks
wiki_interwiki
wiki_ipblocks
wiki_links
wiki_linkscc
wiki_logging
wiki_math
wiki_objectcache
wiki_old
wiki_oldimage
wiki_querycache
wiki_recentchanges
wiki_searchindex
wiki_site_stats
wiki_user
wiki_user_newtalk
wiki_user_rights
wiki_validate
wiki_watchlist

BTW I'm new to MediaWiki and I'll appreciate the
remedy being explained as simply as possible!

Cheers,

Colin

--- Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does the referenced table exist in the database?
>

> Rob Church
>
> On 16/03/06, Colin Donald
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed MediaWiki 1.4.0 via my hosting
> company's
> > control panel and immediately upgraded to 1.5.7
> via
> > FTP. This worked fine when I tried it with 1.5.6,
> but
> > now I get this error message:
> >
> > A database query syntax error has occurred. This
> may
> > indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted
> > database query was:
> > (SQL query hidden)
> > from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj".
> MySQL
> > returned error "1146: Table
> > 'jigsawuk_org_-_wiki.wiki_page' doesn't exist
> > (localhost)".
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Colin

Re: MySQL error 1146 after upgrading

Rob Church
Ah, now I understand the original email better...

"This worked when I did it with 1.5.6"
=> "This worked when I went from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7"

You haven't completed the upgrade. From 1.4 to 1.5 requires that
maintenance/update.php be run from the command line. See the UPGRADE
or UPGRADING file, and read the instructions on
http://meta.wikimedia.org and http://www.mediawiki.org first. Also
take a backup.

Rob Church

On 16/03/06, Colin Donald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Thanks for replying so promptly. No, it doesn't.
>
> phpMyAdmin tells me there are 26 tables:
>
> wiki_archive
> wiki_blobs
> wiki_brokenlinks
> wiki_categorylinks
> wiki_cur
> wiki_hitcounter
> wiki_image
> wiki_imagelinks
> wiki_interwiki
> wiki_ipblocks
> wiki_links
> wiki_linkscc
> wiki_logging
> wiki_math
> wiki_objectcache
> wiki_old
> wiki_oldimage
> wiki_querycache
> wiki_recentchanges
> wiki_searchindex
> wiki_site_stats
> wiki_user
> wiki_user_newtalk
> wiki_user_rights
> wiki_validate
> wiki_watchlist
>
> BTW I'm new to MediaWiki and I'll appreciate the
> remedy being explained as simply as possible!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Colin
>
> --- Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Does the referenced table exist in the database?
> >

> > Rob Church
> >
> > On 16/03/06, Colin Donald
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I installed MediaWiki 1.4.0 via my hosting
> > company's
> > > control panel and immediately upgraded to 1.5.7
> > via
> > > FTP. This worked fine when I tried it with 1.5.6,
> > but
> > > now I get this error message:
> > >
> > > A database query syntax error has occurred. This
> > may
> > > indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted
> > > database query was:
> > > (SQL query hidden)
> > > from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj".
> > MySQL
> > > returned error "1146: Table
> > > 'jigsawuk_org_-_wiki.wiki_page' doesn't exist
> > > (localhost)".
> > >
> > > Any help would be much appreciated!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Colin

Re: MySQL error 1146 after upgrading

Colin Donald
Thanks, Rob

Tried it via the command line but got more error
messages.

As a newcomer to MediaWiki, I found that the easiest
way for me to complete the upgrade was to delete the
database, set up a new, empty db and then install
1.5.7 via the browser install page.