Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Dr Pavanaja
namaste,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6 volumes
of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.

CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being convinced of
the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and re-release of
the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas all
over the world.

This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of growing
free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar (Director,
Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief Editor of
Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.

CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading it
on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada Wikipedia.

Thanks and regards,

Pavanaja

U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD

Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> - Indian
languages,

Access to Knowledge program

The Centre for Internet & Society

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Shankara Bhat
Good,Congratulations.
                                Thanks and regards,

> namaste,
>

> It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6 volumes
> of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
> Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.
>

> CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
> requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being convinced of
> the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
> Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and re-release of
> the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas all
> over the world.
>

> This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
> community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
> Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of growing
> free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
> University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
> PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar (Director,
> Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief Editor of
> Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.
>

> CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading it
> on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada Wikipedia.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja
>
> U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD
>
> Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> - Indian
> languages,
>
> Access to Knowledge program
>
> The Centre for Internet & Society

ಶಂಕರ ಭಟ್ಟ,ಬಾಲ್ಯ.

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Kranti Kumar
Hello Sir,
Its a great achievement..

Regards
Kranti kumar
--------------------------------
Read Daily Bidar News at
http://bidarinfo.blogspot.com/
----------------------------------
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:03 PM, Shankara Bhat <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good,Congratulations.
                                Thanks and regards,

> namaste,
>

> It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6 volumes
> of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
> Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.
>

> CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
> requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being convinced of
> the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
> Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and re-release of
> the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas all
> over the world.
>

> This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
> community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
> Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of growing
> free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
> University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
> PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar (Director,
> Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief Editor of
> Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.
>

> CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading it
> on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada Wikipedia.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja
>
> U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD
>
> Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> - Indian
> languages,
>
> Access to Knowledge program
>
> The Centre for Internet & Society

ಶಂಕರ ಭಟ್ಟ,ಬಾಲ್ಯ.

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Harish-17
That's a great news

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z smartphone
On 23-Apr-2014 5:05 pm, "Kranti Kumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Sir,
> Its a great achievement..
>

> Regards
> Kranti kumar
> --------------------------------
> Read Daily Bidar News at
> http://bidarinfo.blogspot.com/
> ----------------------------------
> On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:03 PM, Shankara Bhat <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good,Congratulations.
>                                 Thanks and regards,

> > namaste,
> >

> > It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6
> volumes
> > of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
> > Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.
> >

> > CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
> > requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being
> convinced of
> > the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
> > Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and
> re-release of
> > the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas all
> > over the world.
> >

> > This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
> > community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
> > Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of
> growing
> > free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
> > University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
> > PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar (Director,
> > Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief
> Editor of
> > Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.
> >

> > CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading
> it
> > on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada Wikipedia.
> >

> > Thanks and regards,
> >
> > Pavanaja
> >
> > U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD
> >
> > Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> -
> Indian
> > languages,
> >
> > Access to Knowledge program
> >
> > The Centre for Internet & Society

> ಶಂಕರ ಭಟ್ಟ,ಬಾಲ್ಯ.

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Vikas Hegde
This is really great news.

Congratulations and thanks.

> That's a great news
>
> Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z smartphone
> On 23-Apr-2014 5:05 pm, "Kranti Kumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Sir,
> > Its a great achievement..
> >

> > Regards
> > Kranti kumar
> > --------------------------------
> > Read Daily Bidar News at
> > http://bidarinfo.blogspot.com/
> > ----------------------------------
> > On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:03 PM, Shankara Bhat <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Good,Congratulations.
> >                                 Thanks and regards,

> > > namaste,
> > >

> > > It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6
> > volumes
> > > of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
> > > Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.
> > >

> > > CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
> > > requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being
> > convinced of
> > > the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
> > > Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and
> > re-release of
> > > the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas
> all
> > > over the world.
> > >

> > > This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
> > > community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
> > > Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of
> > growing
> > > free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
> > > University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
> > > PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar
> (Director,
> > > Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief
> > Editor of
> > > Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.
> > >

> > > CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading
> > it
> > > on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada
> Wikipedia.
> > >

> > > Thanks and regards,
> > >
> > > Pavanaja
> > >
> > > U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD
> > >
> > > Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> -
> > Indian
> > > languages,
> > >
> > > Access to Knowledge program
> > >
> > > The Centre for Internet & Society

> > ಶಂಕರ ಭಟ್ಟ,ಬಾಲ್ಯ.

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Dr Pavanaja
Namaskaara,

The project page in Kannada Wikipedia is here. Anyone interested may join.

Thanks and regards,

Pavanaja

> Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z smartphone On 23-Apr-2014 5:05 pm, "Kranti

> Kumar" < <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hello Sir,

> > Its a great achievement..

> > Regards

> > Kranti kumar

> > --------------------------------

> > Read Daily Bidar News at

> >  <http://bidarinfo.blogspot.com/> http://bidarinfo.blogspot.com/

> > ----------------------------------

> > On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:03 PM, Shankara Bhat <

> >  <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]> wrote:

> > Good,Congratulations.

> >                                 Thanks and regards,

> > > namaste,

> > > It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first

> > > 6

> > volumes

> > > of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under

> > > Creative Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.

> > > CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since

> > > months requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC.

> > > Being

> > convinced of

> > > the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of

> > > Kannada, Mysore University has approved the conversion into

> > > Unicode and

> > re-release of

> > > the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to

> > > Kannadigas

> all

> > > over the world.

> > > This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia

> > > India community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S.

> > > Rangappa, Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the

> > > importance of

> > growing

> > > free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the

> > > Mysore University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S.

> > > Ravi (Director, PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N.

> > > M. Talawar

> (Director,

> > > Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief

> > Editor of

> > > Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.

> > > CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and

> > > uploading

> > it

> > > on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada

> Wikipedia.

> > > Thanks and regards,

> > > Pavanaja

> > > U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD

> > > Programme Officer  < <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja>

> > > -

> > Indian

> > > languages,

> > > Access to Knowledge program

> > > The Centre for Internet & Society

> > ಶಂಕರ ಭಟ್ಟ,ಬಾಲ್ಯ.

Re: [Wikimedia-in-blr] Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

omshivaprakash@gmail.com
Project link is missing please share the correct link.
Thanks

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014, Pavanaja U B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Namaskaara,
>

> The project page in Kannada Wikipedia is here. Anyone interested may join.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [Wikimedia-in-blr] Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Dr Pavanaja
Here is the link - https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%95%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%AA%E0%B3%80%E0%B2%A1%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%AF:%E0%B2%AF%E0%B3%8B%E0%B2%9C%E0%B2%A8%E0%B3%86/%E0%B2%AE%E0%B3%88%E0%B2%B8%E0%B3%82%E0%B2%B0%E0%B3%81_%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%B6%E0%B3%8D%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%A6%E0%B3%8D%E0%B2%AF%E0%B2%BE%E0%B2%A8%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%B2%E0%B2%AF_%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%B6%E0%B3%8D%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%95%E0%B3%8B%E0%B2%B6_%E0%B2%AA%E0%B2%B0%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%B0%E0%B3%8D%E0%B2%A4%E0%B2%A8%E0%B3%86_%E0%B2%AF%E0%B3%8B%E0%B2%9C%E0%B2%A8%E0%B3%86#.E0.B2.95.E0.B2.BE.E0.B2.AE.E0.B2.A8.E0.B3.8D.E0.B2.B8.E0.B3.8D.E2.80.8D.E0.B2.A8.E0.B2.B2.E0.B3.8D.E0.B2.B2.E0.B2.BF_.E0.B2.B5.E0.B2.BF.E0.B2.B6.E0.B3.8D.E0.B2.B5.E0.B2.95.E0.B3.8B.E0.B2.B6

@Omshivaprakash - There was link in my original email. I think you are not using HTML email client, and hence it got lost.

Thanks and regards,
Pavanaja

Project link is missing please share the correct link.
Thanks

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014, Pavanaja U B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Namaskaara,
>

> The project page in Kannada Wikipedia is here. Anyone interested may join.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Yogesh योगि
Great news.
Please share the link..:)

thanks

On Tuesday 06 May 2014 07:01 PM, Pavanaja U B wrote:

> Namaskaara,
>

> The project page in Kannada Wikipedia is here. Anyone interested may join.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja

Yogesh K S
Sent from an Electronic Device

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Nagabhushana Swamy
ಮೈಸೂರು ವಿವಿಯ ವಿಶ್ವಕೋಶವು ವಿಕಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಲಭ್ಯವಾಗುವುದು ನಿಜಕ್ಕೂ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಸಾಧನೆ. ಇದಕ್ಕೆ
ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಎಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು.  ಕೇವಲ ವಿಶ್ವಕೋಶವಷ್ಟೇ ಅಲ್ಲ ಕನ್ನಡ ಪದಕೋಶದ ದೊಡ್ಡ
ಸಂಗ್ರಹವೂ ದೊರೆಯುವಂತಾಗಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಪಸ್ ಬಳಸಿಕೊಂಡು ಅನೇಕ ಬಗೆಯ ಕೆಲಸಗಳನ್ನು
ಮಾಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ದೊರೆತಿದೆ.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Pavanaja U B <[hidden email]>wrote:

> namaste,
>

> It is with great pleasure that we announce the re-release of first 6
> volumes
> of Kannada Encyclopaedia published by Mysore University under Creative
> Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0.
>

> CIS-A2K has been following up with the Mysore University since months
> requesting them to re-release the encyclopaedia under CC. Being convinced
> of
> the importance of preserving the rich culture and heritage of Kannada,
> Mysore University has approved the conversion into Unicode and re-release
> of
> the encyclopaedia under CC to make it freely available to Kannadigas all
> over the world.
>

> This is a great achievement for CIS-A2K programme and Wikimedia India
> community. We are extremely thankful to Prof. K. S. Rangappa,
> Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University for realising the importance of
> growing
> free and open knowledge in Kannada. Thanks are also due to the Mysore
> University faculty and officials, specifically Prof. S. Ravi (Director,
> PMEB), Prof C. Basavaraju (Ex Registrar), Prof. N. M. Talawar (Director,
> Institute of Kannada Studies), Prof Hati Krishne Gowda (then Chief Editor
> of
> Mysore University Encyclopaedia project) and others.
>

> CIS-A2K will be converting the encyclopaedia into Unicode and uploading it
> on Kannada Wikisource; that will feed into articles on Kannada Wikipedia.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Pavanaja
>
> U.B. Pavanaja, MSc, PhD
>
> Programme Officer  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pavanaja> - Indian
> languages,
>
> Access to Knowledge program
>
> The Centre for Internet & Society

regards
olnswamy

*೧೧೫, ೧೩* *ನೆಯ ಅಡ್ಡರಸ್ತೆ, ವಿಲ್ಸನ್ ಗಾರ್ಡನ್*
*ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ೫೭೦೦೨೭ *

* #115, 13th CrossWilson Gardens*

*Bangalore 570027Mobile: 9480379837  *

Re: Mysore University Encyclopaedia under CC-BY-SA

Chaitanya Grampurohit
Congratulations and what an achievement! Accolades for the team...
How can we help too in this endeavour?

Sent from Gmail Mobile