Myspace group using our logo

Essjay
To whomever takes care of violations of our copyrights:

http://home.myspace.com/

They are currently using a vandalized copy of an unofficial derivative;
right in the center is the copyrighted Wikipedia logo. Could we get a nice
note to myspace.com asking them to take care of the problem?

On the subject of that given
derivative<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:CVU2.5.PNG>,
if someone with Foundation authority would say so, it could be deleted....

--
Essjay
-----

Re: Myspace group using our logo

Essjay
Sorry, that url should have been http://groups.myspace.com/WikiVandals

Essjay

--
Essjay
-----
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Re: Myspace group using our logo

Elisabeth Bauer
- Essjay - schrieb:
> Sorry, that url should have been http://groups.myspace.com/WikiVandals

This is probably what Cunctator had in mind when he wrote that the CVU
is not a good idea.

--elian

Re: Myspace group using our logo

The Cunctator
On 2/23/06, Elisabeth Bauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> - Essjay - schrieb:
> > Sorry, that url should have been http://groups.myspace.com/WikiVandals
>
> This is probably what Cunctator had in mind when he wrote that the CVU
> is not a good idea.

Yup! Let the needless warfare begin!

Re: Myspace group using our logo

Essjay
This isn't the fault of the CVU existing, it's a problem with having
derivative logos (an idea which I've changed my mind on, hence why I deleted
so many of the ones I created from Commons, and why I'd like to see an order
from the Foundation to delete the rest of them).

There isn't a problem with a bunch of vandals having a "Wikipedia Vandalism
Unit;" if there was, we would have already gone after Daniel Brandt and the
trolls at Wikipedia Review. What is the problem is the use of our logo,
which should be dealt with quickly.

I'll take this opportunity to remind individuals that the CVU does a lot of
good work that nobody else seems to want to do, and takes a lot of hell for
it with very, *very* little appreciation ever shown. Perhaps this time,
instead of starting up on three choruses of "the CVU is evil," people could
take the time to go drop a note on a CVU member's talk page that says "Hey,
I noticed you hard at work reverting vandals, good work!"

Now,.back to my vacation.

Essjay

On 2/23/06, The Cunctator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/23/06, Elisabeth Bauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > - Essjay - schrieb:
> > > Sorry, that url should have been http://groups.myspace.com/WikiVandals
> >
> > This is probably what Cunctator had in mind when he wrote that the CVU
> > is not a good idea.
> >
> Yup! Let the needless warfare begin!

Essjay
-----
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Re: Myspace group using our logo

Nicholas Moreau
I've filled out a form on MySpace, mentioning the violation.

Nick Moreau
Zanimum
WMF-CC