NC Wikipedia Day

Frank Jones
On January 31st, the Triangle Wikipedians hosted a Wikipedia Birthday party for NC. We had 50 people drop in to listen to the 7 presentations that were scheduled for the day. There were cupcakes for everyone, and we were able to share the cupcakes with another group hosting an event at the same location. This introduced about 100 more people to the local user group, maybe some will attend our event next year. About 10 people from that other group came to one of our talks before cycling back out to the other event, so there was some crossover.

We are beginning to expand relationships with area universities, libraries, and the broader community. The birthday party allowed us to highlight some of the area initiatives and expand awareness of the user group activities. The follow up for this event will be monthly meetings in February and March to set a leadership team and coordinate group events for the rest of the year.

Thanks,
Frank