Nabble?

Akash Shah
Hi. I found during a recent google search that this mailing list is
being archived publicly on another website called nabble -
http://www.nabble.com/Dutch-government-provides-freely-licensed-photos-t3871145.html

Is this by design or is something else wrong? Is there any way to stop
it or are all wikimedia mailing lists public? I don't have an
particular problem with it, but it is still a place where anyone can
get my name, my email address or more personal details.

Akash

Re: Nabble?

Hari Prasad Nadig

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 23:58 +0530, Akash wrote:
> Hi. I found during a recent google search that this mailing list is
> being archived publicly on another website called nabble -
> http://www.nabble.com/Dutch-government-provides-freely-licensed-photos-t3871145.html
>
> Is this by design or is something else wrong? Is there any way to stop
> it or are all wikimedia mailing lists public? I don't have an
> particular problem with it, but it is still a place where anyone can
> get my name, my email address or more personal details.

This is a public list (the original archive itself is public). Hence, no
surprises there.

Just don't divulge any personal detail if you're concerned.

  - h.p.

Re: Nabble?

Akash Shah
Sure. Thanks for the tip.