Named Versions?

Jan Steinman
Please forgive me for not searching bugzilla first, but is anyone
else interested in named versions?

It would be great to "flag" bits of history, like "this was stable,
just prior to a massive set of changes." Or simply to be able to mark
events in history, like when a given version of a page was accepted
by consensus or other decree. Or it might be used like software
releases, like a bunch of pages with a version name of '1.5.5'.

This could be used in a powerful version control system, whereby all
pages with identical versions could be exported to create a snapshot
of the wiki at some point in name, if not in time. (Like ENVY/
Developer, Rick! :-)

(Okay. Just say it's in bugzilla, and I'l go crawl back under my
rock... :-)

:::: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/98-4882-15>

Re: Named Versions?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 1/12/06, Jan Steinman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please forgive me for not searching bugzilla first, but is anyone
> else interested in named versions?

Maybe a useful fix would be to implement seeing the editor's comment
when looking at the history (or deletion history) of an item.