Naming proposals for the wiki of functions - translation and reviewers

Naming proposals for the wiki of functions - translation and reviewers

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Hi all. We're preparing to start the process to choose the official name for the new Wikimedia wiki for functions, currently codenamed Wikilambda. 2 requests:

1. Page-translation request: Your expertise here would be appreciated. Getting even just the first few sections in as many languages as possible would be great. We will also re-use this intro content for announcements, and at the main project page.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Abstract_Wikipedia/Wiki_of_functions_naming_contest

2. Name-reviewers: I'd like to get a group of multilingual people who are willing to help to check each of the proposed names, to make sure that (1) we aren't considering any bad choices (e.g. names that contain rude words in other languages), (2) that can give feedback on which of the names would work well (or badly) when localized into your language(s).
If you'd like to help with this, please add your signature to the list here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Abstract_Wikipedia/Wiki_of_functions_naming_contest#Localization_checking_volunteers - I will then contact you in a week with the initial list of names to check, and then a week later once all the proposals have been submitted.

Thank you immensely!
Nick / Quiddity

Re: Naming proposals for the wiki of functions - translation and reviewers

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Hallo.
I'd like to send a short massmessage about this next week, and would love your help with translations:

For the main proposal page, it would be great to have the Headings, Intro, and sections #1 and #2 in more languages.
Much thanks to the translators who have already created the Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and Thai versions!

I hope you have a good end of the week and weekend. :)
Nick / Quiddity