National strike of train personnel in Italy 23-24 Jun 2016 (from 21:00 on Thu to 21:00 on Fri)

National strike of train personnel in Italy 23-24 Jun 2016 (from 21:00 on Thu to 21:00 on Fri)

Cristian Consonni
Hi all,

please be aware that from 21:00 (Rome time) of Thursday, Jun, 23rd to
21:00 (Rome time) of Friday, Jun 24th there will be a national strike
of trains in Italy.

I understand that peobably most of you will be already in Esino and/or
will not leave Esino before Sunday, 26th, but in case you are planning
to take trains over the period mentioned above please note that the
service may not be available.

Here you can find more info and a list of guaranteed trains (i.e.
trains that will run even during the strike):
http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom/Informazioni/Treni-garantiti-in-caso-di-sciopero

Here another list of guaranteed trains for ITALO (the other high-speed
trains, besides the "Freccie"):
http://www.italotreno.it/~/media/Images/content/pdf/sciopero/Sciopero_23_24_Giugno_2016_treni_garantiti.pdf?la=it

If you need assistance, write here.

Ciao,

Re: National strike of train personnel in Italy 23-24 Jun 2016 (from 21:00 on Thu to 21:00 on Fri)

Erik Moeller-3
Dear Cristian,

Thanks for the heads up about the strike!  I'll be arriving on Friday
by plane at MXP at 11:10 AM and was planning to take the recommended
Milano Central->Varenna Esino->Esino Lario route by train/bus.
Searching on the trenord.it site and trentitalia.com site currently
shows no interruption of service on those routes.

Do we know at this point whether these routes will be affected, and if
so, is there a recommended alternative?

Thanks again (sorry for breaking the thread, just subscribed to reply),

Erik

Re: National strike of train personnel in Italy 23-24 Jun 2016 (from 21:00 on Thu to 21:00 on Fri)

Cristian Consonni

Hi Erik,

Il 23/Giu/2016 05:39, "Erik Moeller" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Dear Cristian,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about the strike!  I'll be arriving on Friday
> by plane at MXP at 11:10 AM and was planning to take the recommended
> Milano Central->Varenna Esino->Esino Lario route by train/bus.
> Searching on the trenord.it site and trentitalia.com site currently
> shows no interruption of service on those routes.
>
> Do we know at this point whether these routes will be affected, and if
> so, is there a recommended alternative?

I checked on the website of Trenord (the train company managing trains in Lombardy) and there are no updates. They should publish the list of guaranteed trains[1], so it is worth checking again.

In general, there are two periods of guaranteed local trains:
* from 6:00 to 9:00
* from 18:00 to 21:00

They advice to use the Trenord app to check for updates on the availability of your trains:
* for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/trenord-timetable-general/id973483529?mt=8
* for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.nordcom.app

Ciao,

[1] http://www.trenord.it/it/media-news/avvisi/sciopero-nazionale-di-24-ore-2324-giugno-2016.aspx

Women Group photo at 13:30 at Tent today !

Florence Devouard-3
Women welcome !

(men can take pictures :))