Need Tool Labs migration support?

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
+1 on Maarten and also Magnus on public_html etc. I also assume all SVN
repositories will be exported, JIRA & tswiki etc. archived, license
information in LDAP preserved somewhere? The roadmap contains no
information whatsoever.

Nemo

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

DaB.-4
Hello,
Hello all,
Am 13.10.2013 11:51, schrieb Federico Leva (Nemo):
> +1 on Maarten and also Magnus on public_html etc.

the cgi-dirs could contain passwords, so: no.

> I also assume all SVN repositories will be exported,

If somebody ask we will give the owner a svn-dump. Until now nobody
asked AFAIK.

> JIRA & tswiki etc. archived,

That’s unclear at the moment.

>license information in LDAP preserved somewhere?

The LDAP with all data within will be deleted before the TS is shut down
for data privacy reasons. Maybe a root will do a
username/license-extract before.

> The roadmap contains no information whatsoever.

I’m sure Silke will handle this.

> Nemo

Sincerely,
DaB.

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Then I officially ask a svn dump of all SVN repos. Importing them on
sourceforge looks rather easy:
http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Subversion/
(But I'm sure you can easily get them imported in gerrit too if you ask
a repo when it's time.)

Nemo

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

Merlijn van Deen
On 13 October 2013 20:29, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Then I officially ask a svn dump of all SVN repos. Importing them on sourceforge looks rather easy: http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Subversion/

You can also mirror them without any admin intervention:

svnadmin create svnroot
svnsync init file://$PWD/svnroot http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/pywikipedia

then
svnsync sync file://$PWD/svnroot

to update. Of course, change svnroot and the svn repo path to wherever it is located.

Am 13.10.2013 20:29, schrieb Federico Leva (Nemo):
> Then I officially ask a svn dump of all SVN repos. Importing them on
> sourceforge looks rather easy:

I wrote “will give the OWNER a svn-dump”.

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Yes, I thought that was a typo. Why only the owner? Doesn't seem to make
any sense. I can do screenscraping of your SVN, but looks rather tedious.

Nemo

Re: Need Tool Labs migration support?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Nice, turns out any user can migrate a SVN repo history to Git, so it
doesn't matter that much if dumps are not provided.
http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-and-Other-Systems-Migrating-to-Git

Nemo