Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

priyanka nag
Hi all,
I had introduced myself sometime back in the same mailing list, but just incase I am not remembered, here I introduce myself again.
I am Priyanka Nag, a post graduation student in Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research. I am a OPW intern under Wikimedia.
As a part of my internship, I need to implement a feature on the Bengali, Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia. It is the citation option which is present on the English Wikipedia but missing from most other Wikipedias (actually present in none of the Indic language Wikipedia(s)). I was trying to get this feature up in the Bengali, Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia (only reason I chose these are because these are the only Indic languages I understand). To get this done, I will either need the admin rights to these Wikipedias or need help from the admins to get this feature up. I will need it going as soon as possible. Can anyone please help me out with the same?
I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if anyone can help translating them.

Priyanka Nag
SICSR | Msc.CA (2012-2014)
Contact Number:+91-7385080729
Website: http://about.me/priyanka_nag
Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay-2
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, priyanka nag <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if anyone can help translating them.

Would using TranslateWiki.net be a better option ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Amir E. Aharoni
2013/3/19 sankarshan <[hidden email]>:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, priyanka nag <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if anyone can help translating them.
>

> Would using TranslateWiki.net be a better option ?

It would, but unfortunately this is a gadget that is not yet ready for
translatewiki.net. I hope that it will be someday, but currently it's
too complicated.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

ansuman-2
Hello,

Is this about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:RefToolbar ?

It was a gadget on En.wikipedia but it's not anymore. I'ts a default feature on enwiki now.

On 19 March 2013 17:05, sankarshan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, priyanka nag <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if anyone can help translating them.

Would using TranslateWiki.net be a better option ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Harsh Kothari
Hi Priyanka

That is awesome idea. This will help a lot. First you localize the Gadget into your user space and after it works fine then you can tell admin to port that Gadget in indic wikipedia. Porting Gadget will hardly take 2 to 5 minutes for Admins. If you need any kind of help in localize that gadget(In programming aspects)  you can ping me. I have already localized 4 Gadgets and all are ported on Gujarati Wikipedia. One is also ported in Bengali Wikipedia. If you localize that Gadget it will work on every wikipedia.

Thanks
Harsh
---
Harsh Kothari
Research Fellow,
Physical Research Laboratory(PRL).
Ahmedabad.

On 19-Mar-2013, at 5:39 PM, ansuman wrote:

Hello,

Is this about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:RefToolbar ?

It was a gadget on En.wikipedia but it's not anymore. I'ts a default feature on enwiki now.

On 19 March 2013 17:05, sankarshan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, priyanka nag <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if anyone can help translating them.

Would using TranslateWiki.net be a better option ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Niraj Suryawanshi
Hi Priyanka,

Great work! I would be glad if I could assist you in the translations
to marathi.

On 3/19/13, priyanka nag <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I had introduced myself sometime back in the same mailing list, but just
> incase I am not remembered, here I introduce myself again.
> I am Priyanka Nag, a post graduation student in Symbiosis Institute of
> Computer Studies and Research. I am a OPW intern under Wikimedia.
> As a part of my internship, I need to implement a feature on the Bengali,
> Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia. It is the citation option which is present on
> the English Wikipedia but missing from most other Wikipedias (actually
> present in none of the Indic language Wikipedia(s)). I was trying to get
> this feature up in the Bengali, Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia (only reason I
> chose these are because these are the only Indic languages I understand).
> To get this done, I will either need the admin rights to these Wikipedias
> or need help from the admins to get this feature up. I will need it going
> as soon as possible. Can anyone please help me out with the same?
> I will also need someone to translate a few strings in Hindi and Marathi
> for the Citation template as I am not strong enough in these languages as
> to trust my own translations. There are not many strings, just a few ones
> in a single file. I can pass on the JavaScript file with the strings if
> anyone can help translating them.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Priyanka Nag
> SICSR | Msc.CA (2012-2014)
> Contact Number:+91-7385080729
> Website: http://about.me/priyanka_nag
> Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Dhaval S. Vyas

Hi Priyanka,

Feel free to approach me for any help in localising gadget. I am admin on gu.wp & gu.ws and have localised/imported a few gadgets there.

Tc,
Dhaval

On 19 Mar 2013 11:34, "priyanka nag" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Contact Number:<a href="tel:%2B91-7385080729" value="+917385080729" target="_blank">+91-7385080729
Website: http://about.me/priyanka_nag
Blog: priyankaivy.blogspot.in/

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Konarak Ratnakar-2
Read this[1] and leave a message there or you can join the english channel on IRC, folks from meta might be around there.

Best,
teh con man

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Dhaval S. Vyas <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Konarak Ratnakar
IRC: kondi

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Harsh Kothari
Hi Konarak

That is awesome information :)

Thanks for that.

Best
Harsh
---

On 19-Mar-2013, at 8:36 PM, Konarak Ratnakar wrote:

[...]

praveenp

On Tuesday 19 March 2013 05:04 PM, priyanka nag wrote:
 It is the citation option which is present on the English Wikipedia but missing from most other Wikipedias (actually present in none of the Indic language Wikipedia(s)).

http://ml.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mediawiki:RefToolbarLocal.js&action=history ?

Re: Need admin rights on a few Wikipedia(s)

Kalyan Sarkar
Priyanka,

Jayanta da is an admin in the Bengali Wikipedia. He can help you out.

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar

2013/3/20 Jayanta Nath <[hidden email]>:
> I am working with her.

Jayanta, thank you very much for your help.