Need to change domain name of wiki site

Leon Kolchinsky
Hello All,

I'm going to change domain name in our dns for one of our wiki sites.

What should I change in the configuration of wiki site itself so all pages and data are intact?

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

MinuteElectron
On 8/29/07, Leon Kolchinsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I'm going to change domain name in our dns for one of our wiki sites.
>
> What should I change in the configuration of wiki site itself so all pages and data are intact?
>

> Best Regards,
> Leon Kolchinsky

You need not change anything.

--
MinuteElectron.
http://my.brlcad.org/~MinuteElectron/

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

Thomas Dalton
> You need not change anything.

Are you sure? What about $wgScriptPath and $wgArticlePath?

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

Alexis Moinet
Thomas Dalton wrote :
> Are you sure? What about $wgScriptPath and $wgArticlePath?

Those (normally) are in relative format and thus do not contain the server name

*if and only if* you ever defined it in LocalSettings.php, you would have to change $wgServerName.

Otherwise, I don't think you have to change anything

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

KAndreou
[hidden email] wrote on 29-08-2007 10:09:52:

> Thomas Dalton wrote :
> > Are you sure? What about $wgScriptPath and $wgArticlePath?
>
> Those (normally) are in relative format and thus do not contain the
> server name
>
> *if and only if* you ever defined it in LocalSettings.php, you would
> have to change $wgServerName.
>
> Otherwise, I don't think you have to change anything

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

Michael Daly-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> You may want to check your "MediaWiki" and "Help" namespaces in case you
> are referring to your site with URLs that contain the server name

or any namespace where someone used an external URL link to your own
wiki ([http://yourwiki.com/...name]) instead of an internal link (
[[name]] ).

Mike

Re: Need to change domain name of wiki site

Leon Kolchinsky

> > You may want to check your "MediaWiki" and "Help" namespaces in case you
> > are referring to your site with URLs that contain the server name
>
> or any namespace where someone used an external URL link to your own
> wiki ([http://yourwiki.com/...name]) instead of an internal link (
> [[name]] ).
>
> Mike

Thank you all for the help,

Actually I'm managing a number of virtual domains (wikis),
so after the change of virtual host config. file (.conf), I've change the directory and DNS name.

The only thing I had to change in LocalSettings.php is
$IP = "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/newdir";

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky